cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering problem limited connectivity

egill2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't WiFi tether my phone it always says "limited connectivity" even though 3G data works fine.

It also appears that I can't delete or modify the APNs that are one the phone, I can only create a new one. Is this something PM needs to fix on their end?

Moto G4.. might have been a koodo phone originally?

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@egill2000 , try creating a new APN.   Technically speaking the APN configuration file is read only and making edits amounts to making changes to the file.  Just make sure to name the newly created APN something else not already on file.  After making the new APN, make sure to select it as the default.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@egill2000  

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

Also try doing a network reset.

Hope this helps!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@egill2000 Try creating, saving and selecting this as your new APN settings. Some pjones need the dun setting to tether the network

APN settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

If this doesn't work, you can either get a Freedom mobile SIM and use it to edit your APN settings and contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.