cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination of service requested but no reply

rohbear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been two days since I requested to terminate the service provided by Public Mobile. Have not received any reply. Request was made via email to support@publicmobile.ca  Not sure how else I can terminate. Don't see any such option on Self-serve. If I've missed anything please let me know.

8 REPLIES 8

rohbear

Thank you, Rockdaddy22 and srlawren, for your information!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rohbear that's understandable, and a nice perk at some employers 🙂  Simply sign into your self-serve account, cancel auto-pay if you have it enabled, and to be extra safe, remove any credit cards you may have on file in self-serve, and you will be fine.  At the end of your current cycle, your plan will not renew and will go inactive.  90 days later it will be permanently closed.  You will not be charged anything else after removing auto pay and your credit card.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
The number will expire after 90 days i believe. You won't be obligated to pay or do anything.

rohbear

I'm going because my company is providing a new phone and plan for me. I have a new phone number so no need to port this number. That's why I wonder if I would be charged for keeping the number and sim card, without a plan, or not. 

rohbear

Thanks. I have removed Auto Pay under Payment from Self Serve now.

So nothing else I need to do, and PM will discontinue my service and not obligate me for any further payment. Is that correct?

What happens to my phone number? Do I keep it with my sim card? They do charge $10/month even if someone does not subscribe to any voice/text/data plan, don't they? Will they charge me for $10/month for keeping the sim card?

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There's no termination on this because it's a prepaid service. What you can do is remove your autopay (if there is one) and the service will stop since you are not paying. 

Rockdaddy22
Exactly, no need to do anything. Just don't add more money to the account and it'll expire, or port your number out. Sorry to see you go 😞

datako

You're on prepaid (pay as you go) plans. If you stop paying, you'll stop going

Need Help? Let's chat.