cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily disconnected from PM service

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I flipped open my phone yesterday to find that the screen read emergency calls only.  Removing and replacing the battery and SIM brought PM service back immediately but I'm wondering whether other users have had the same experience, if it was just a rare glitch or if it's something I should be concerned about.  At my age (73) I've learned not to sweat the small stuff so I'm really just more curious than worried.  I'd appreciate any input.  

5 REPLIES 5

mbilalbutt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Cath No worries, just remember to come back here in case you have issues with the service. Our great community members will be more than happy to assist you. 

Thank you for the bravo. 🙂

Did you renew your service?

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mbilalbutt  Thanks for the quick response.

I don't have access to another unlocked phone but mine has been working perfectly before and after the short disconnection.  I will try my husband's SIM in the morning.

I was in Toronto at the time, in exactly the same location where I had made a call an hour previously.

My phone is an LG TU330.

I don't think I need advanced troubleshooting at the moment but I may if the issue recurs.  I'm just curious.  😀

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi @Cath,

It sounds like a rare glitch.  May also be that the phone shook or fell.  Or, the sim card wasnt sitting perfectly in the slot for some reason.  Important thing is that you managed to get the service back.  

If it happens more frequently, or if you lose service and fail to get it back, then as @mbilalbutt said, try your sim in another unlocked or Telus/Koodo phone to find out if the sim card is damaged.  If sim card is not damaged, then you narrow the problem down to the sim card slot in your phone.

Hopefully, it won't happen again too often.   

mbilalbutt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that is really strange, maybe you sim card got damaged, or it could be your phone as well.

First of all, try to put you sim card in another unlocked phone to check if it works and also to check your phone, ask someone to put their sim card in your phone to check if the phone is working as it should.

We need more information to help you, if you can provide us with you location and phone model, that might help understand the issue better.

Need Help? Let's chat.