cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus now has Wifi Calling with iOS 10.2 update, will PM follow?

XJin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
12 REPLIES 12

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

😞

Tears. 

Bad news all. The Status of this idea is "Not For Us". Robot Sad

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Wifi-Calling/idi-p/156853

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dejansl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I second that Wifi Calling takes load of carrier network, so it should be treathed as crucial feature, not a premium.

magical

Sounds like a cool idea, but, I'm not a Apple fan anymore (last iphone was a 4) ... wish they would have something for android!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@theoc198 @Hmm agreed, call display, voicemail, and forwarding really are table stakes these days. 

EDIT: that said, yes I think it will be a while before we see WiFi calling trickle to the 3rd tier (PM, Chatr, etc)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

theoc198

@Hmm That's ridiculus. I would never have gotten Public Mobile without those basics. I don't think the majority of Public Mobile's customers would have joined if basic features weren't included in the plan. 

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hmm Koodo may get it, their are more mid-tier. 

Call display and voicemail are really basic must haves these days, I wouldn't have come over if I had to say bye to those. Call forwarding I was a little surprised about, not that I use it. 

outdoorsaddix

@theoc198 Its a premium feature because it results in a better service experience to the end user. Its all about how to looks. I am sure the load it will take off towers with Telus and possibly Koodo customers using it will acheive whatever load reduction Telus is hoping for due to the majority of the customers being there. 

Also fido and virgin are mid-tier. When I say budget carriers I am lumping Public, Chatr, PC Mobile, etc. in there. 

I am not saying it absolutly won't happen, it just likley won't, at least not for a while. 

Hmm

Yup. PM subscribers and Koodo lose out.

TBH, I am surprised PM subscribers even get Caller ID, voicemail, call forwarding etc. 

theoc198

@outdoorsaddix 

How is this a premium feature? It takes load off Telus/Bell towers and puts it on your WiFi network. Not to mention both Fido and Virgin customers also have access to WiFi calling and they are not premium brands. 

surf99992001

I agree, it might not be rolled out for awhile.  As a Rogers signal seems to penetrate my condo building better then the Bell/Telus towers, (just because of tower location) this would be a great add on.

If enough of us make some noise... ask and you shall receive? LOL!!

outdoorsaddix

Probably not for a long while. Seems like a premium feature budget carriers probably won't have a for a long time. 

Need Help? Let's chat.