cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus and Koodo Offer Free Calling to Australia. Public Mobile Excluded?

I was reading how Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile customers are receiving free calls (and texts) until the end of the month to Australia to help people contact family and friends during a time of wildfires.

Telus certainly doesn't have to do that, and I'm sure that many of the customers appreciate this gesture.

I'm well aware that Public Mobile services have never provided the option to call Australia.  However, out of curiosity I tried making a call to Australia, and as expected, it doesn't work.

@Tiana_V  and @Alan_K  , I can't help think that this is a missed Public Mobile customer relations opportunity, especially when offering this would seem to be in sync with Telus' corporate values.

3 REPLIES 3

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

The features of each brand are siloed to push customers up the food chain.

Except calling countries in times of "chaos" isn't an advertised feature, it's a gesture of good will. I think anyone within the Telus network should be given this ability to call countries in "chaos".

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't see this happening.  This service is a victim of the marketing strategy devised for the three tiers of service at Telus.  The features of each brand are siloed to push customers up the food chain.  It would be a lot of effort to revise this brand to give it long distance access to Australia on a temporary basis.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I was reading how Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile customers are receiving free calls (and texts) until the end of the month to Australia to help people contact family and friends during a time of wildfires.

Telus certainly doesn't have to do that, and I'm sure that many of the customers appreciate this gesture.

I'm well aware that Public Mobile services have never provided the option to call Australia.  However, out of curiosity I tried making a call to Australia, and as expected, it doesn't work.

@Tiana_V  and @Alan_K  , I can't help think that this is a missed Public Mobile customer relations opportunity, especially when offering this would seem to be in sync with Telus' corporate values.

Yes, that would be nice to have this option especially now for those who have friends and family there.

Need Help? Let's chat.