cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangerine MasterCard Unsupported?

marxau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the Online Activation process for a new account, and am getting the following error when adding a Tangerine Mastercard as a payment method:

"Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information."

All information is correctly entered. I've contacted the credit card providor and they confirm the values are correct and that several $0.00 test charges from Public Mobile were received and accepted.

Is this a known bug? I noticed other people mentioning issues with Tangerine Mastercards (http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Payment-Method-Glitch/td-p/67889) What's my next step to create an account?

12 REPLIES 12

warrenspencer27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@marxau

If you're still having troubles try the solution provided by @Vickel here.  I was having the same problem but his solution seemed to work.

Best of luck!

@marxau, generally, support is done through the forum, just as you have witnessed with this thread.  The volume of issues is normally not as great as it is this past three weeks, and will usually be quick response and solutions.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

marxau

So I used another card (with an identical address) and it worked. I'm now a happy PM user!

This issue seems particular to Tangerine Mastercards. Is there a way to file a bug report on this beyond just this thread? I genuinely don't get how Public Mobile support works!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Wow, that's terrible.

aakber

It is not working on autopay option too.

Rockdaddy22
It's usually only at the first sign up, the card should work no problem for autopay in the future.

marxau

Well, if it's a known bug I'll use a different payment method for now. Hopefully this gets cleared up eventually though. Thanks everyone.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately it's a known bug, it's not your card. You could try a different card if possible or go get vouchers at shoppers drug mart

marxau

I've checked the address against my statement and it matches exactly. I've also contacted Tangerine and they say the charge checks are going through. I can even see them on my statement ($0.00 charges from Public Mobile), so I don't think that's an issue.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As mentioned above, the address has to match how the address is showing with your credit card company.  The best way to match it is to view a credit card statement and see how the statement is addressed to you.  Make sure you type in the address the same as on the statement.

You can also call into Tangerine and ask them if they can see what is causing the transaction to fail.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Make sure the address you,re entering matches what's on your account, that causes a lot of issues.

tylerp_105

I used the tangerine mastercard without any issues.  Could be their system in general is going a little weird.  Maybe wait until after the sunday maintenance.

Need Help? Let's chat.