cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk plan is not available

dragon2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on a $15.00 plan for a few months now.  I recently used up my 100 outgoing minutes but I have a 500 minute add on in my plan.  I have already tapped into my add on minutes but today I  can't make any outgoing calls.  I keep getting a message that talk is not included in my plan.  I still have 400 minutes left in my add on.

Appreciate any help on this.

9 REPLIES 9

dragon2000

Thanks for all the responses.  I was calling people that I usually call from my address book.  I did not misdial.  It worked after I waited for 30 mins.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Daps wrote:

@dragon2000I hear the exact same message when I misdial a number.

Try dialing a local number by entering 11 digits or more.

I get the recording "public mobile here. talk is not included in your plan..."

Great find...

lol.  This error message is just like Windows error message.  It does not tell us exactly what is wrong.

From now on, the answer to this error is "Double check the phone number and try again if you still have minutes left".

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dragon2000I hear the exact same message when I misdial a number.

Try dialing a local number by entering 11 digits or more.

I get the recording "public mobile here. talk is not included in your plan..."

@dragon2000 wrote:

Weird.  I did not do anything.  I just waited and now it's working.  Thanks for your response guys!

It sounds exactly like when my washer doesn't work. I call the repair guy and as I am going over the problem it works! So glad to hear that your problem was solved by our community, or maybe not. LOL

@dragon2000 wrote:

Weird.  I did not do anything.  I just waited and now it's working.  Thanks for your response guys!

As long as it's working now, that's the main thing.  PM's systems occasionally seem to have these unexplained glitches 🙂

dragon2000

[Patience is a virtue ...... somedays ....... Luddite]

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dragon2000 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on a $15.00 plan for a few months now.  I recently used up my 100 outgoing minutes but I have a 500 minute add on in my plan.  I have already tapped into my add on minutes but today I  can't make any outgoing calls.  I keep getting a message that talk is not included in my plan.  I still have 400 minutes left in my add on.

@dragon2000   Log into your account and make sure you still have the add-on minutes available.  If the add-on minutes line is missing then you may have used up all the minutes, but you can go though your usage to make sure there isn't some issue with the account.  Remember all minutes are round up, ie: 1 min. 10 secs. will use up 2 mins of talk time, and voicemail retrieval also uses your available minutes.

You can try rebooting the phone and see if that helps, or add another bucket of 500 mins to your account.

If you feel there is an error please submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

@dragon2000 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Often, this can be a matter of double checking that the number has been dialed correctly. Is it specific numbers or all phone numbers?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dragon2000  try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.