cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk is not included

BGKK5153
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan with Canada wide talk and data but many times I get the message "talk is not included with your plan". I do a "redial" and the call goes through. I'm also having many problems with losing service even when signal is -75dB and phone does not reconnect automatically...I have to tell it to reconnect each time. Is my SIM card failing?

This is getting very unreliable.

Thank you for any suggestions

Brian

11 REPLIES 11

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@BGKK5153 It's not a signal strength issue. Talk Not Included message needs signal before you can hear it.

@MissFennec 

If you missed it.....put your phone in airplane mode for a couple of minutes when you have connection issues. Airplane mode completely disconnects you from any network. Toggling it off again will establish a brand new connection with your phone and usually clearing up any connection issues.

@MissFennec try the same solutions described above. If they fail contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

MissFennec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Huawei

MissFennec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issu. I use to just shut down my phone and open it again ( re-start)....

@BGKK5153 

Those are two separate issues....the talk not included in your plan.....happens on occasion and can be irritating but generally goes away on its own. If it persists then moderator intervention may be necessary if @popping suggestion or the following troubleshooting techniques don't work.....for the poor signal/calling issues try enabling airplane mode for a couple of minutes. This will reconnect your phone to the network improving the strength of the connection.

You can also try the lost/stolen feature in your account to disconnect your sim from pm's service. Log in to your account. Report phone lost. Log out. Wait 5 minutes. Log in. Report found. Log out and reboot. Hopefully one or more of these techniques will resolve your issues.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BGKK5153 wrote:

My phone is Motorola Moto E 2nd gen. My wife uses Telus and calling from the same room as I am can connect to tower easily.  We are both using 3G only

Swap SIM cards between your phone and your wife's phone.

If your problem moves to your wife's phone, it is your PM account issue and not your wife's problem.

Your account may not be provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  

BGKK5153

Thank you. I did the network reset and will see if it works over the next few days.

BGKK5153

My phone is Motorola Moto E 2nd gen. My wife uses Telus and calling from the same room as I am can connect to tower easily.  We are both using 3G only

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BGKK5153 

Reset network settings on your device following the instructions below:

1. From the home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Backup & reset.
  2. Tap Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS.
  3. If prompted, confirm your PIN or Password, then tap RESET SETTINGS again.
  4. Wait for the reset to occur.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BGKK5153 hi what type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.