cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Talk is not included in your plan"!!! I could not make a voice call at all.

@Catherine_T 

Unfortunately, NOT SO MERRY for me! 

I have never had any trouble with my phone service since I started with PM in March this year.

Then I got this free gifts offer yesterday. Claimed the 2 free gifts last night. Checked my self-service portal. Free add-ons are there OK. Also entered the 'contest', but had to use my last name only because my full name was not accepted as a valid name.  I thought it was because my first name had a hyphen in it.  It accepted my lastname-only entry and I got a confirmation on screen followed by an email confirmation shortly after.

Then today, when I tried to make a voice call, I got an announcement that said "Talk is not included in your plan"!!!  I could not make a voice call at all.

Got onto my self-serve portal and checked again. My Plan is active!  It is one of the grand-fathered plans with unlimited Canada-wide talk. 

Turned off my phone. Took out SIM - checked that the SIM number is the same as listed in my self-service account.  Reinstalled the SIM. Restarted the phone. Still cannot make voice call.

Chatted with SIMON, submitted a ticket. Now waiting for Moderator to respond.

It looks as though by claiming those free gifts and entering the contest, I have triggered something in the system to not recognize my valid phone plan which has never been suspended or changed by me.  I have plenty of available funds in my account. Something has been fouled up. I hope this gets fixed soon. Otherwise the free gifts are not worth the interruption of my phone service.

hyT

Accepted Solutions
hyT

Re: Talk is not included in your plan"!!! I could not make a voice call at all.

Hi @AE_Collector 

I did dial 1 before the phone number to avoid hearing the standard message that says 'long distance charges may apply'.  Yes it is a long distance number which I often call. 

An interesting observation today:

When I look at the 'All calls' list in my dialer now, I notice that there are two different entries with that same phone number. 

One lists the number as 1xxxxxxxxxx* with no space, no hyphens and an asterix at the end. That is the one giving me trouble.  It instantly gives me the 'Hi Public Mobile here. Sorry. Talk is not included in your current plan....' message.  In fact, it still does!

The other lists the number as 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx with no asterix at the end. It allows the dialing to go through normally.

I think I have dialed the number in the same way each time. The space and hyphens appear automatically.  What could have happened which caused the same phone number to appear in 2 different ways is puzzling.  

So it may not be Public Mobile's fault after all!  It seems that I might have done something to cause the problem.

Anyway, the moderators have sent me a message today saying that they have 're-provisioned' my phone.  I have restarted my phone and tried calling different numbers, both local and long distance, and everything seems to be working fine at this time.  Shall pay special attention to my dialer from now on. May be someone knowledgeable in this phenomenon may enlighten me.  

[As, correctly, requested ........ Luddite]

View solution in original post

All Replies
dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hyT

Edit:  Sorry didn't read that you've contacted the moderators.  Hopefully you get a fix soon.  Good luck.

hyT

@dabr 

I sent a ticket already. I am working with a moderator now through private messages.

Luddite
Oracle

@hyT  FYI: made separate topic and changed title for you. Always best to begin your own topic/thread rather than tacking onto a current one.

I'm sure the moderators will be able to sort this. In the meantime checkout then TextNow app for free calling/texting with wifi (or cellular data); it's a good backup for this type of situation. I use a similar product from fongo.com.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
hyT

Thank you @Luddite for moving my message to where it should be.

I put the original message where it was to see if it has been a common experience after claiming the free holidays gifts.  So far it looks like I am the only unlucky one.

I am patiently waiting for the Moderators to fix it for me after submitting the ticket. 

Luddite
Oracle

@hyT  You're welcome. Hope tomorrow is better.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
hyT

@dabr @Luddite 

My ticket was responded to by a Moderator within half an hour asking for specifics. I sent a couple of private messages explaining the problem. No response since then.

Phone line is working again this morning.  Moderator(s) must have fixed my problem overnight. May be too busy to send a follow-up all-done message.

I am OK with that. All I want is uninterrupted service. Thank you for the attention.

Happy holidays.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Out if curiosity have you tried dialling “1” before the number you are calling to see if that gets around the problem? Sometimes it does. And this IS a number you have regularly called before? 

AE_Collector

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hyT wrote:

@dabr @Luddite 

My ticket was responded to by a Moderator within half an hour asking for specifics. I sent a couple of private messages explaining the problem. No response since then.

Phone line is working again this morning.  Moderator(s) must have fixed my problem overnight. May be too busy to send a follow-up all-done message.

I am OK with that. All I want is uninterrupted service. Thank you for the attention.

Happy holidays.

@hyT   Thanks for updating your thread and good to hear that whatever the issue was with you not being able to make calls has been fixed.

However, I don't think it was necessary to mark my response as a solution as you already had taken the step of contacting moderators and I didn't give you any other helpful suggestions.  In fact, I think your last post should be the solution.  You can edit your post and take off the solution and I think in a few days @Luddite can mark your post as the solution since I know giving yourself a solution is frowned upon here.

hyT

Hi @AE_Collector 

I did dial 1 before the phone number to avoid hearing the standard message that says 'long distance charges may apply'.  Yes it is a long distance number which I often call. 

An interesting observation today:

When I look at the 'All calls' list in my dialer now, I notice that there are two different entries with that same phone number. 

One lists the number as 1xxxxxxxxxx* with no space, no hyphens and an asterix at the end. That is the one giving me trouble.  It instantly gives me the 'Hi Public Mobile here. Sorry. Talk is not included in your current plan....' message.  In fact, it still does!

The other lists the number as 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx with no asterix at the end. It allows the dialing to go through normally.

I think I have dialed the number in the same way each time. The space and hyphens appear automatically.  What could have happened which caused the same phone number to appear in 2 different ways is puzzling.  

So it may not be Public Mobile's fault after all!  It seems that I might have done something to cause the problem.

Anyway, the moderators have sent me a message today saying that they have 're-provisioned' my phone.  I have restarted my phone and tried calling different numbers, both local and long distance, and everything seems to be working fine at this time.  Shall pay special attention to my dialer from now on. May be someone knowledgeable in this phenomenon may enlighten me.  

[As, correctly, requested ........ Luddite]

View solution in original post

Need Help? Let's chat.