Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT SCAM: Fraudsters disguised as National Bank

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Received today. Scam looks like this:

Screenshot_20190924-180850.png

If you received one too, DO NOT click the link. Report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre and forward the message to 7726 (SPAM).

10 REPLIES 10

@LovesToPM wrote:

Scams are a lucative business. I have also seen texts from
"CRA"
"RENEVU QUEBEC"
"NETFLIX"
"SCOTIA"
"CIBC"

It's another reason why thieves in prison don't have access to a computer and cell phone.

Oh yeah don't be so sure about that. I got one the other day from the justice department for money laundering  had me going for a little while with the correct number, links to gov.ca , badge numbers etc....until they told me to take out all my money out of the bank....coincidently I had my purse stolen the week before..? Already put fraud watches out but had to phone the anti fraud agency anyhow so killed to birds with one stone on that one.....

.ca

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lar wrote:

@austinhuang  Don't bank with National but hopefully it will help someone. Thanks for posting. Cheers

Not client either. Received this message anyway lmao

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@geopublic   Good catch..

Still can't quote anything with images!

@dabr, Yup same here.....Looks like it might take a while for them to fix Man Frustrated The workaround is just to click on the HTML tab and edit your post from thre.

Thanks for the tip...will give it a try next time:)

@dabr wrote:

@dabr, Yup same here.....Looks like it might take a while for them to fix Man Frustrated The workaround is just to click on the HTML tab and edit your post from there.

The spelling of the link should be an obvious indicator not to click on it.

natlonaibk-asslstance

nbscam.JPG

Brendan143
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Get them all the time.. rule of thumb is if I dont know the number it's an automatic delete 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Scams are a lucative business. I have also seen texts from
"CRA"
"RENEVU QUEBEC"
"NETFLIX"
"SCOTIA"
"CIBC"

It's another reason why thieves in prison don't have access to a computer and cell phone.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@austinhuang  Don't bank with National but hopefully it will help someone. Thanks for posting. Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@austinhuang   Thanks for the heads up.

Need Help? Let's chat.