cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching old SIM to new SIM

TyroPyro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Ive never had to get a new SIM for an existing account ,so just a switch to new SIM is all I want to do any body have a solution please and thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TyroPyro 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and open Browser incognito mode,

How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@t_p wrote:

Nice, comprehensive guide!

I guess nobody reads FAQ anymore as many questions by new (and old) users are answered there.

Same with any kind of manuals (particularly car's manuals). I see so many question 'how to do this and that' with usual answers - see page X, Y...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TyroPyro wrote:

Hey Ive never had to get a new SIM for an existing account ,so just a switch to new SIM is all I want to do any body have a solution please and thanks

@TyroPyro 

After following @t_p instructions to switch your phone number and account to a new SIM card, physically simply remove the old SIM and re-insert the new SIM.

SIM cards come in 3-in-1 sizes, adaptors can be removed or added as necessary, depending on the phone's SIM slot:

esjliv_0-1633259841786.png

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@TyroPyro wrote:

Have you bought a new SIM?

If yes, insert SIM into your phone.:

Go to Plan& Add-ons tab > Change SIM card

Enter new SIM #

Choose email option for 2FA

Click Send code.

Then Submit once you have verified your code.

Ref: SIM Swap Fraud (publicmobile.ca)  >  How To Change Your SIM Card

Need Help? Let's chat.