cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching SIMs

Notre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm an existing public mobile customer.  I'm switching from an old phone that uses a micro SIM to a more modern phone that uses a nano SIM.  I'm assuming I can take my existing micro SIM and punch off the outer ring to get a nano SIM.  Assuming that doesn't work (maybe I break it by mistake), what is the process to transfer my account to a different SIM?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

three sizes.

CD7AF280-323D-4371-A0D2-9B4AA828D496.jpeg

@Notre wrote:

@computergeek541 , thank you for your reply.  I'm not entirely sure how long I've been a customer.  I think it was 2018 sometime, maybe?  I'm looking in the self serve profile, but I don't see where it says how long I've been a customer.

Unless you got it from a store who had very old sim card stock, yours is of the all-in-one variety.

Notre

@computergeek541 , thank you for your reply.  I'm not entirely sure how long I've been a customer.  I think it was 2018 sometime, maybe?  I'm looking in the self serve profile, but I don't see where it says how long I've been a customer.

Notre

@GR thanks for the super prompt reply!  I'll do this if I'm clumsy and break the sim.

@Notre wrote:

Hello,

I'm an existing public mobile customer.  I'm switching from an old phone that uses a micro SIM to a more modern phone that uses a nano SIM.  I'm assuming I can take my existing micro SIM and punch off the outer ring to get a nano SIM.  Assuming that doesn't work (maybe I break it by mistake), what is the process to transfer my account to a different SIM?

Thank you

Public Mobile sims from about I want to say mid to late 2016 have all been all 3 sizes in one.  However, there were 3 different sizing versions sold.  how long have you been a customer/how long have you been using that sim card?

Either way, if the nano sim can be removed from the larger piece, I believe it unlikely that you would break your sim card. It's more likely that the piece that you'll be discard breaks because there will be nothing reinfrocing the plastic in the middle.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Notre  if you break the existing Sim just go buy a replacement Sim card, log in to your self serve account and click on change Sim. You'll have to enter the new Sim card number and then just pop the new Sim in your new phone!

Need Help? Let's chat.