cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Koodo.. after PM's invitation..

xuzhaohan2012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Actually my PM billing cycle ends today (Oct. 2nd), however about a week before my plan ends, I got text message from PM said I got an exclusive offer from Koodo and it is only for PM users.. This include a very attractive plan:

$50 monthly plan, no contract (Bring your own phone)

5GB of Shock-free data

Unlimited minutes calling

Unlimited text messaging

Call display, voicemail,....

I know I know the most insane part of this plan is 5GB of data!!!!! When I switch from FM to PM, for $40 per month I got 4GB of data (actually is 2GB bonus for the first three months) for three month plan. However I think after three month, the data is decreasing to 2GB per month. 

Honestly, I am very satisfied with PM's signal and data speed (LTE), I know they use Telus's network so I should never worry about.

Now after switching to Koodo, I am more than happy compare to the time I switched to PM, just add $10 per month I can get 3GB extra of data!!! Besides, it is a monthly plan which means as long as you paid every month, the plan never expire and you can enjoy 5GB of data for $50 per month forever.

Just wondering how many people like me received the text message to invite you switch to Koodo.. 

17 REPLIES 17

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it really depends on personal usage.  with koodo, you can get some nice cheap phones from time to time.

Michael77

@will13am wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It seems like members who are active in the community forum were excluded.  I am still waiting for the invite to migrate.  

@will13am, is that because your want to leave to Koodo?

Not at all.  I just wanted to feel wanted. 

LOL 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

It seems like members who are active in the community forum were excluded.  I am still waiting for the invite to migrate.  

Not sure how Koodo targets us but it does appear that the active community members won't get this offer because we are more likely to stick with PM.  And also because PM probably wants to keep us around to help out with the community 😉 

@Michael77 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Not at all.  I just wanted to feel wanted. 

Michael77

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Michael77

@mimmo wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

I received the offer and I am waiting for a better one. The Koodo $50 plan price is too high. So for now, PM is stuck with me. 😉

And I guess we are stuck with you aswell lol. Glad you are still here.

No offer for me yet either. I think they know not to waste their time.

@mimmo, thanks.  Glad to be here. 🙂

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@xuzhaohan2012 the 2GB data bonus did not expire either as long as your account was paid up/active. Hopefully you didnt switch to Koodo just because of that.

Your actually getting 1GB extra for $10/month and Canada wide long distance & potential for a small/medium TAB with Koodo as well as phone customer service. However with PM you could have got rewards for every year your with PM $1/month off (up to $5/month), as well as $1/month for every referral you bring into PM, and community rewards for being active on here.

If Koodo works for you great... they are actually fairly similar as both are under the umbrella of Telus and are on the Telus & Bell network/towers.

Lastly your message said the $50/5GB is forever... be carefull as that is not always true. Wireless companies can change your plan with 30 days notice (unless there is a contract). Koodo has not really done that often  (esp not as much/quickly as Rogers/Fido).

mimmo

@Michael77 wrote:

I received the offer and I am waiting for a better one. The Koodo $50 plan price is too high. So for now, PM is stuck with me. 😉

And I guess we are stuck with you aswell lol. Glad you are still here.

No offer for me yet either. I think they know not to waste their time.

Michael77

SD08

@ShawnC13 wrote:

My wife got the message twice I have yet to receive it and would turn it down anyway.  With rewards I am paying $28 a month for 4GB and I know there are others paying even less than that. 

I never got the offer either.  I want to get the offer just so I can turn it down, dangit!  Smiley Tongue

My wife got the message twice I have yet to receive it and would turn it down anyway.  With rewards I am paying $28 a month for 4GB and I know there are others paying even less than that. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another difference is that PM is pre-paid while Koodo is post paid. But I suppose with "shock free" data then there isn't as much of a chance as unexpected fees as there used to be. 

SD08

@xuzhaohan2012 wrote:

I know I know the most insane part of this plan is 5GB of data!!!!! When I switch from FM to PM, for $40 per month I got 4GB of data (actually is 2GB bonus for the first three months) for three month plan. However I think after three month, the data is decreasing to 2GB per month. 

@xuzhaohan2012

Just a clarification:

Actually, the bonus data on PM's $40/4GB Freedom-targeted promo (2Gb + 2GB bonus) does not disappear after the first 3 months.  Once you got onto the promo plan, any bonus data that you got on sign-up was renewable for as long as you keep the plan.  In reality, you're only getting an extra 1 GB per month with Koodo.  I'm not saying that's not worth it.  It just depends on how much data you actually use.  

Koodoo has its own advantage, that's why there is 2 brands at the same time.  It depends on what you use daily. 

Watoko

I got the same offer with a Koodo rep actually calling me, and I am guessing many people with the $40/4GB promo plan probably received either a call or text as well.

I switched from Koodo to Public about half a year ago and do miss the option of subsidized phones and a better self-serve portal. However, the incentives of staying here include the rewards such as loyalty rewards (something that Koodo doesn't have after being their customer for 6 years) and referral rewards. With all this into consideration, I would actually be paying $20/month more for 1 extra GB of data, which I do not find I need right now and makes the deal less of a "deal".

Enjoy your time at Koodo though! I never had a bad experience with them either.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

A lot of people did, and i think most people decided to stick with Public Mobile because of the total cost due to rewards earned. What you pay on PM can get significantly less if you get some rewards or find referrals. It is just not worth to keep paying the same amount on koodo with no potential to lower the bill.    

Need Help? Let's chat.