cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch number between accounts?

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

If I have two accounts, can I switch the numbers between them?

6 REPLIES 6

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren I see...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunflowershine the whole "swap sim cards" thing is probably going to work for about 0% of the people that are asking for a number swap.  Usually, the point of of it is that you want to keep your own number (not your partner's/family member's/whomever that other account is) but use their plan, and vice versa.  Swapping SIM cards would mean you'd be swapping plans (as desired) but also taking each other's phone numbers (which I'm guessing would be acceptable in about 0.00003% of cases).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@drsiha wrote:

Hi,

If I have two accounts, can I switch the numbers between them?

They have a rule that doesn't allow them. They used to but stopped.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@drsiha Sorry, you can't. Because each SIM attached with one designated number only. 

Here is the response from Moderator Team in a previous request as yours: 

"I hope that your day is going amazing so far. I reviewed this situation with my support team and I really wish that we had that option however and unfortunately, we can't change phone numbers between accounts because each number is attached the sim card, in this case, what I recommend you to do is to swap sim cards from phones."

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@drsihaNot officially.. You can swap to different emails (not the same).. eg if you have 2 emails abc@gmail.com def@gmail.com you can try to switch them to other emails that are accessible to you eg def@yahoo.com & abc@yahoo.com.. DO NOT SWAP EMAILS THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN THE SYSTEM.. it will make a mess.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

no thats not possible sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.