cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap SIMS

Alicelaaustrali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

About 5 months ago i got a Public Mobile SIM. I topped it up with prepaid vouchers bought at London Drugs. I never logged on toSelf Service.

Fast forward to now, i lost my phone and now have a new Public Mobile SIM. I want to swap to my old number but cant do it thru Self Service as i never registered.

Advice please 🙂 possible to get old number on this new SIM or no?

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alicelaaustrali  Yes you will be able to keep your number. You need to send a private message to PM and be able to verify that you are the account holder before you are allowed to change the SIM number on that account.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@totalUser , @LovesToPM You are right it's a dumb idea. Was thinking along the line of using voicemail to retrieve the code needed to register the account. But it's a text message lol.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Problem is that you will need access to your phone sms to create your account so that suggestion will not work.

Also you can't use the chat either as you can't verify your account since it was never created nor can you receive code by sms.

You can contact them directly to help. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Do you care about your number? If you don't need it as your credit card is not on file you do have option of just starting fresh with a great promo. I wish I had such promotion when I signed up. We don't know how long it will stick around

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Alicelaaustrali  Yes you can get your old number on the new SIM.

You will need to contact Moderators. Hopefully they will help with the SIM number change.

After you are setup, please create your self-serve account right away. If you are not already setup for AutoPay, you can register your credit card to receive $2 credit every 30 days.

@gblackma unfortunately you need a working SIM card/phone to receive texts in order to set up your self-serve account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Alicelaaustrali  There may be a way.  If you know the email address that you used to register your SIM card, you may be able to set up a my account for the lost phone. If you are able to do this, then you can switch your sim from in there.

@Alicelaaustrali wrote:

Hi!

About 5 months ago i got a Public Mobile SIM. I topped it up with prepaid vouchers bought at London Drugs. I never logged on toSelf Service.

Fast forward to now, i lost my phone and now have a new Public Mobile SIM. I want to swap to my old number but cant do it thru Self Service as i never registered.

Advice please 🙂 possible to get old number on this new SIM or no?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could submit a ticket to a moderator to ask them to change your sim.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   ->Click on Chat with Simon  on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Be ready to prove that you are the account holder.

If you have any old vouchers still handy have them on you. As much info about the phone history may help too.

If nothing works, they have a great promo with $90 off with referral and 35+ plans and $50 off with 25 or 15 plan

Need Help? Let's chat.