cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend immediately after years of loyal service, when my credit card was stolen.

unhappy999999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to give you some feedback on your customer service, and how it has motivated me to question my subscription.

My credit card was stolen.  They cut off my card on Tuesday, and said that a new card was coming in 3-5 days.  It happened that my monthly payment came due yesterday, and of course failed.  Instead of asking why, or and saying please submit .....  you just cut off my phone.

That is not a way to build customer loyalty, for someone who has never missed a bill yet.

You'll get one or two months out of me while I look around, but your service just killed any kind of loyalty that I have for you.

8 REPLIES 8

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@unhappy999999 wrote:

I wanted to give you some feedback on your customer service, and how it has motivated me to question my subscription.

My credit card was stolen.  They cut off my card on Tuesday, and said that a new card was coming in 3-5 days.  It happened that my monthly payment came due yesterday, and of course failed.  Instead of asking why, or and saying please submit .....  you just cut off my phone.

That is not a way to build customer loyalty, for someone who has never missed a bill yet.

You'll get one or two months out of me while I look around, but your service just killed any kind of loyalty that I have for you.

You might, more so, want to use the hybrid form of auto pay. While some of us know and have experienced the glitch of the odd auto-pay to not occur, I have totally neglected your case of a stolen card or flagged card due to fraudulent purchase that causes a new card and card number  to be mailed to you. And so harshly the credit card company puts your credit card usage into limbo. They must think you have another one to use.  But how many other auto payments is it used for? Wow lots of work! 

So since PM has no guarantee that the glitch is gone....I would suggest your next payment to be a manual top up for 2, 30 day cycles. Then when you receive a text reminder, pay again with a manual top up for another 30 days. Leave auto pay in place for the $2 off. You will always be paid up for one extra month and that should allow flawless recovery for what ever the failure. 

To PM to is black and white....no payment and they do what they do. All they know is that your card does not work.....the reasons can be various. But your PM account is not cancelled and should have gone into suspend mode. 

I am sure other here will suggest alternate methods to top up and get back to use your phone. 

The card thing...stolen or jeopardized is a hassle most of us have experienced and the recovery work, unfortunately, all falls on you. 

Just imagine....travelling on your own.,,,you have one card only.....it gets jeopardized....what do you do? Have a back up plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@unhappy999999 

It's rather too late but you will apparently get a text in a day or two saying why it failed. Kinda dumb after the fact as it really should be sent when it knows the payment failed. Alas.

There's no missing of bills here. It's simply pre-paid. If you don't pay, you don't get. No grace period. There's no credit involved. Pretty sure all pre-paids are like that. (this is not pay-as-you-go or post-paid)

So it's not about loyalty. No matter how long you've been here. You didn't pay.

And since you've been here for so many years is this really your first time having a problem? What awesome service. Maybe you don't need to threaten to leave on one adverse event.

@unhappy999999  If you do decide to stay with Public Mobile when your get your new credit card. 

Click "Payment"

Click "Manage my card" bottom left.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@unhappy999999 

Sorry this happened to you. A text message would have been sent to you a few days before  your upcoming renewal as a reminder.

xx0.jpga

ech0es
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah that's definitely on you. As everyone else has stated, it's a prepaid service. If you don't make your payment, you don't get the service. It's not difficult to add an alternate payment method, one of the things you should have done immediately when your CC was compromised. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@unhappy999999 

It is how prepaid plan works.  Everything is done by computer.  No credit check.  If you don't pay on time, your service stops.

On the other service type, postpaid plan checks your credit file before they let you activate a plan.  They allow you to miss a payment and charge you interest and continue your service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could have removed your credit card from autopay.  Either make a payment with a voucher or use recharge.com or ding.com.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

On the forums here were are customers just like you. You can open a ticket for moderators who work public mobile to express your displeasure.

However. Public Mobile service is a prepaid service that you pay in advance for your 30 days. It's not a postpaid service that runs a credit check and let's you miss payments.

You could have always bought a voucher at a gas station and added money to your account.

Due take note if you do decide to go to another company your account here will be permanently closed once your port your number out. All the rewards and discounts you have earned will be gone and you will not be able to get them back if you ever did decide to return.

If you want to reach moderators see below

Simon.JPG

Or private message at below link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.