cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Fast Number Porting

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I was pleasantly surprised how quickly my number was ported over to PM! In the time it took to complete my registration and verify my email address, my phone number was already ported. I know this because my phone rang within minutes of registering. Thanks PM for saving me time!  

If you need another reason for why you should switch to PM... SUPER FAST NUMBER PORTING should be a consideration! Robot Happy

By the way, I was with Telus, and since it's the same network, I'm wondering if that had something to do with the quick turnover? Either way, I'm a happy customer already!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg@daredogg yes I had a similar lightning-quick port from Telus, as did a good friend of mine I referred recently.  And @daredogg, in many cases when you do the math, it's considerably cheaper to buy the phone outright and use PM's service!  Here's my practical example I posted a while ago, regarding that same friend I referred:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Practical-example-of-how-PM-saves-you-big-...

Welcome you guys! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

boydagdag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have to agree with this. Brand spanking new PM user here from Telus. Porting was done instantly! Kudos PM for offering this kind of service! 🙂

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daredogg

Cool ! Welcome to the PM family.

I ported from Wind and it was equally fast. Hardly took minutes.

Am sure you will the PM community better than Telus(if they do have one). It's really fun being out here and contributing.

Cheers !

I've been an Apple fan my entire life, but it doesn't mean I need the latest and greatest. The new iPhone 7 is upwards to $1000!  I see that you can get an unlocked iPhone 5 32 GB from Orchard for $329. Like you mentioned @stonechucker 1/3 the original price! iPhone 5 32GB on Orchard

I'll check the ZTE Axon 7 out just for kicks!

So many great mid range priced devices now, that are taking on the super phones or flagships.  1/2 to 2/3 the pric, a lot of the same or similar tech.

i want the ZTE Axon 7... Front facing stereo speakers ---  I will be in heaven.

@Chaos_Scorpio yeah it does make 'cents' 😉 but i had to wait until 2 year agreements were up in order to make switch. As expensive as phones are to buy outright, I still prefer to pay less on my monthly fee, so I think I'll start saving now for my next unlocked phone!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

guess with your swap from telus to PM, you get cheaper service for same coverage. makes sense.Robot wink

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's awesome news, welcome to the PM family 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @daredogg

Welcome to Public Mobile and to our community !

I'm really glad to hear that you had a positive and ultra fast experience 🙂 The porting really depends on the carrier, sometime it's completed within minutes, or even hours. It's great to hear that yours took little time.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.