cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for improving customer care

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The following is a letter I wrote thanking the moderator_team members Lamie and Abdallah who provided me assistance in transferring my long held 30 year number with Bell-PC-Koodo- now PM.

Dear Mod_squad moderator, i'm grateful for your help. Thank you. 

1. I wish for your team that Telus would allocate more resources to your group so that action between the 2 Telus groups...Koodo and PM... could actually collaborate in a more timely manner. 

2. I'm hopeful that your team will get the funding you deserve to allow your mod_team to truly accomplish the customer service I feel certain you want to offer. 

3. Just saying,  from the date of activation to the actual number exchange between 2 Telus subsidiaries took about 10 days. 

4. And given,  that If it weren't such a technological challenge to exchange tiny objects (SIM cards)  into difficult to access SIM ports and trays in order to achieve the personal benefits of each SIM card, the wait would have fine. 

5. Also, if there were some notification during that period that someone on the mod_squad... or even a bot_squad member...would have been able to notify me that someone or even something "heard" my plea for exchange, it would have been a less frustrating customer experience. 

6. Please don't think I'm ungrateful to you, my comments are corporate directed. Your service was terrific and i'm happy to be a member of the PM concept. 

I'm hopeful you have the authority to pass my recommendations along to the mother Corp, Telus. 

7. The "areas/fields" e.g. this very BOX in which I am writing... into which community members get to express their recommendations, pleas for service and service providers to fellow PM community members, also could use some attention. This very writing/ communicative field keeps jumping around during the editing process

... as in back up to top of the virtual "page"... which then demands scrolling the message to re-find one's point of editing in order to continue the message. 

Thx for your attention, hoping for improvement so that other members have a more smooth pathway to what appears to be a great way to save money and at the same time get great plans for cell users. 

Hoping the community may benefit from these direct pleas/ suggestions to the Mother Corp thus enabling PM the greater ability to provide more efficient customer care and dialogue between the 2 Telus subsidiaries to which I humorously refer to as the "twisted sisters in the dysfunctional Telus family". 😊😅

Cat Canyon

10 REPLIES 10

CatCanyon

Just saying, given that the advertisement says 2 days maximum when it took 10 or more days to port a phone number ought to draw some attention. Why not say the customer can expect up to 10 days to complete the transfer? 

And, the suggestion of some sort of recognition that the messages sent are messages received, even if by a bot, seems reasonable to me. 

As I've been saying, I'm grateful for the concept and my suggestions are merely to assist in improvement to this new type of service. 

Cat Canyon

CatCanyon

Thanks for your message. I actually got a message from a woman named Mary. She suggested that she was assigned the tak of trying to discover why it took so long to get any response from anyone on the PM side of things. 

I posted my response to her indicating a cynicism developing in the community as well as suggesting that Telus may be acting out of typical big business capitalism which on the surface appears benign. 

CatCanyon

Just saying that while I ended up enjoying myself creating metaphors and perhaps overusing icons the 10 day wait with no notification from either a bot or person to acknowledge receipt of any of my messages asking for service was quite frustrating. 

CatCanyon

Item #4 was a reference to the difficulty I experience with my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone when I attempt to both open the Location where the SIM card is stored as well as the actual integration of the SIM card into the slot on the tray before I Reinsert the SIM card back into the phone. 

Given the frequency with which I had to do this task I found the activity frustrating.

I found that over the 10 day wait period I must have done this activity at least 5 times and experienced the same difficulty each time. 

Item #7 refers to this very box into which i'm inputting this text message to you. My experience is that the text jumps around and I must scroll around this "box" to refind the location point from which I had been texting and from which I was seemingly unintendly bounced. 

If you haven't experienced this motion, lucky you. Perhaps it is that my messages are just too long. 😅😅

CatCanyon

Letting everyone I received a private message from Mary whom I believe is part of the mod_squad. She informed me she was going to dig into the longevity of 11 days to transfer my 30 year- held phone number. I sent the following response to Mary in the faint hope that others may be helped by her investigation into the Telus family's twisted sisters...Koodo and PM...lack of communication...

Good afternoon, Mary, 

I am grateful to receive your note. I look forward to offering any assistance to your team to ensure better customer service. 
I really like the notion that drives this delivery service. The development of a  community that is designed to provide information and support to its membership is a concept I truly admire. 
As I mentioned in many of my messages, I hold the Mother Corp, Telus, responsible for the lack of suitable numbers of employees who actually might be able to establish this unique offering into the telecommunication community of service providers. 
I see this lack of commitment by Telus to first publicize a service in which the public can actually opt into a more reasonably priced service running on community development and support only to fail to back up this great idea is not only a shame but also is a cynical policy that creates further cynicism towards big business as manipulator of public opinion and emotional response. 
Some of the notes I received from community members reflect a further disappointment... but totally expected... failure of big business to fulfill the promise and hope for a service with a unique twist... community established to support each other, less expensive data, less expensive plans. 
I honestly don't expect you to fix the source of my long waiting period. It was clear to me that because Koodo and PM are the "twisted sisters" in the dysfunctional, big business corporation that is Telus, no further investment in customer service providers will follow. More staff does NOT EQUAL profit, the most prolific business model of capitalism. 
As I said, if you need any more information I'm available. If you find any information about my account, I'd love to know. 
Just saying, things are going well now that I have my 30 year phone number associated with PM.

Cat Canyon 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And no mixed case 🙂 Soooo much easier to read.

Thanks for the positive note.

Indeed, all we hear here are the complaints. Because of course why would they be here.

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dna2016 wrote:

@CatCanyon, as @will13am mentioned it's always nice to hear some good feedback about the help you received from MODS, although as you mentioned you wish it had been done quicker.  However regarding your suggestion towards more funding.  Gotta remember PM was bought out by Telus, and I'm quite certain their plans are not to pump more money into this "self sufficient" type of business.  To me I think Telus sees this as an easy cash grab since they don't have to pay much in the way of salaries, benefits, etc.  I think their model is to have less "hands on deck", not more, and if people have issues they can switch over to their more premium service options through Telus directly or Koodo.  

Great suggestion, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I would tend to agree.  In fact, the ability to maintain such low price points is because we are 'self-sufficient' and a little more patient in receiving support when we need it.  Its a part of the paradigm—to beef up services and provide all the bells and whistles is what you would get from Telus direct, and you pay for these services.  @dna2016 is absolutely correct that this is not intended to be premium.  While great suggestions, it would likely go against the mindset and reason many of us choose PM if we trade our $ for premium services.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CatCanyon, as @will13am mentioned it's always nice to hear some good feedback about the help you received from MODS, although as you mentioned you wish it had been done quicker.  However regarding your suggestion towards more funding.  Gotta remember PM was bought out by Telus, and I'm quite certain their plans are not to pump more money into this "self sufficient" type of business.  To me I think Telus sees this as an easy cash grab since they don't have to pay much in the way of salaries, benefits, etc.  I think their model is to have less "hands on deck", not more, and if people have issues they can switch over to their more premium service options through Telus directly or Koodo.  

Great suggestion, but I doubt that will ever happen.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CatCanyon, thanks for sharing a positive experience story in the community forum.  This really helps to offset the generally bad news stories with customers struggling to get the service running. 

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  • It's not mod_squad it's moderator_team
  • I think it's against their goal for you to move from Koodo to PM - TELUS always wanted us to move the other way by giving us migration deals. Thus, it is probably meant to be long so that you regret your decision?
  • What do you mean by 4?
  • I don't see any problem with submitting post. What do you mean by 7?
Need Help? Let's chat.