cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly cannot make or receive phone calls

neogeo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My phone suddenly cannot make/receive phone calls (the phone was cut off during a call, refer to that 10 mins call, refer to the attached image) I am on a plan which has 50 min per month but I did not use this phone heavily (attached is one month usage). Can you tell me how to reset the mobile network or troubleshoot? Thanks,Screenshot 2021-04-06 195743.jpg using Samsung Galaxy S6.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@neogeo : So you've obviously been here a while. Did you pick up the gifts this company gave in Dec 2019 and Dec 2020? Or if you're in BC or AB then did you get the freebies last summer? Or...have you used them all and have now finally got down to using up your plan minutes after the last renewal with no add-ons left?

Yup...the $5 500 minute add-on is a terrific add-on for the limited minute plans.

Edit: did you get the text saying you had 10 minutes left? How often had you got that text?

@neogeo 

yeah mystery solved!!

yes, you might want to buy some minutes as spare.  The Add-ons will always stay in your account until all used up.  Every month, they will start with your regular 50 mins and will only take minutes from the Add-ons if you have used up your regular mins

@neogeo wrote:

Hi, that is interesting. I did not know that the time will be rounded to min. That changes everything. Maybe this is the reason. Screen shot below:

image.png

I will see whether buying more minutes will solve the problem.

Yep, you are out of minutes.

Quirk of self serve: if you have used up a limited amount feature (in this case 50 minutes) it's deleted from that list instead of saying 50/50...

@neogeo wrote:

To answer your questions:

My phone stops working after that 10 min call (and it was actually cut off).

My account still shows Active and I did not change SIM.

Yes, I have rebooted my phone. Here is what it shows after reboot.

My next pay cycle is Apr 16.

@neogeo 

You consumed the 50 minutes allotment available with your plan.   I'm presuming your texting still works?

Follow my earlier advice to add the calling add-on which should be available to supplement your calling needs.    Check Plan and Add-Ons, then Purchase Add-Ons, for options to add calling.  

The $5.00 for 500 minutes is likely your best bet - it's able to be carried over on subsequent renewals until fully consumed so you'll have lots of extra minutes.

neogeo

Hi, that is interesting. I did not know that the time will be rounded to min. That changes everything. Maybe this is the reason. Screen shot below:

image.png

I will see whether buying more minutes will solve the problem.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@neogeo wrote:

Hi,

My phone suddenly cannot make/receive phone calls (the phone was cut off during a call, refer to that 10 mins call, refer to the attached image) I am on a plan which has 50 min per month but I did not use this phone heavily (attached is one month usage). Can you tell me how to reset the mobile network or troubleshoot? Thanks,Screenshot 2021-04-06 195743.jpg using Samsung Galaxy S6.

You have used all your minutes.

You can add the $5/500minutes add-on to tide you over until next renewal.

On the $10 / 50min / 50 outgoing messages plan

- the incoming minutes are counting towards your 50 minutes

- airtime is rounded up to the next minute

- calls from your cell phone to check voice mail count towards the 50 minutes

Edit: @NDesai beat me to it...

neogeo

To answer your questions:

My phone stops working after that 10 min call (and it was actually cut off).

My account still shows Active and I did not change SIM.

Yes, I have rebooted my phone. Here is what it shows after reboot.

My next pay cycle is Apr 16.

image.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@neogeo Please check your Plan Overview to see if you got any mins left. As per your screenshot, it is very close to 50 mins usage since seconds are rounded off to a min. If the minute portion is not showing up under add-ons, that means you used it all up. In this case, best is to get the 500 Canada min add-on for $5 or wait until next renewal. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@neogeo 

Unless you are close to your renewal date and can wait until then, log onto your self-serve account and go to your My Data and Add-ons section to see what calling allotment you may have consumed, and consider purchasing an add-on to supplement your calling needs.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re done.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@neogeo  Since that 10 mins call your phone no longer working?

did you try reboot the phone?

After reboot , is the phone showing connecting to PM? or did it say no network or SIM problem or so?

When you are at your Self-Serve, is the account showing Active?

When is your next pay cycle?  PM has Autopay issue on April 2.   Many accounts was suspended due to the issue and they have to manual pay to reactivate the service. Just wonder if your current month renewal date was April 2.

If you account is showing Active and has already paid and the next billing date is not due yet, you might want to confirm with mod the SIM card number on their record matches the SIM card on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.