cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can't send texts

ETusesPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Posting for husband as he's new to PM: Switched to PM a few weeks ago. Everything has been working fine. Suddenly unable to send texts. I can receive texts. Phone calls are working fine. I'm sending texts but people are not receiving them.

Wife also has PM. She is sending me texts but I am unable to reply, even though we're in the same room. Account is active, I checked, no problem there. Tried restarting phone but it didn't help.

16 REPLIES 16

@Jb456 wrote:

@Luddite  I see you're online marking solutions. Could you by chance fix this one? Thank you!

Your wish is my ...

cartoon-lamp-genie-26886628.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite  I see you're online marking solutions. Could you by chance fix this one? Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ETusesPublic : Great update. Not everybody would come back and say what they did. This will be a very helpful thread for future readers (if they care to search and read anything of course 🙂 ).

@ETusesPublic  Glad you resolved the issue. Please remove the first solution you marked as the solution and mark yours as the solution. Go to the post Majeed as the solution and click the 3 dots top right and click "Not the solution" then go to your post and "accept as the solution"

All the best in 2021!

ETusesPublic

Okay, my husband figured it out. I'll share our solution in case it can help someone else. Go easy on us because we admit we're not technologically savvy 🙈

Under his contacts, my name had somehow been marked ONLY SEND MMS/SMS. He thought this was supposed to be checked off because he would only be sending MMS/SMS. He didn't realize checking this off meant he could not RECEIVE texts from me. Essentially it  blocked my texts. It had nothing to do with Public Mobile but thanks for trying to help us! I'll show myself out 🤦🙃

[Persistence pays off, well sometimes anyway ....... Luddite]

@ETusesPublic wrote:

The problem unfortunately isn't solved. The only reason I said we were in the same room is to avoid inevitable suggestions that we're not near a cell tower... or that one of us is in the middle of a forest and the other is on an uninhabited Island. I'm still not receiving texts from him and he's not on my blocked list. No one seems to be able to solve the issue 😡

@ETusesPublic 

Sounds aggravating all right.

* Try blocking him from your phone...then unblocking him.

* Try Airplane mode on / off again.

* Swap sim cards in each others phones ...see if problem persists.

Keep us posted.

@ETusesPublic 

If it is not solved. Than remove the post that you marked as the solution. Go to that post and click the 3 dots on top right of the post and then click "Not the solution".

Then proceed to open a ticket for moderators to look into. They work for Public Mobile. On the forums we are only customers like you trying to help out.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

  

Or send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ETusesPublic

The problem unfortunately isn't solved. The only reason I said we were in the same room is to avoid inevitable suggestions that we're not near a cell tower... or that one of us is in the middle of a forest and the other is on an uninhabited Island. I'm still not receiving texts from him and he's not on my blocked list. No one seems to be able to solve the issue 😡

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that it's solved...I always get a kick out of people saying we're in the same room. More often for calling but now texting. These are not walkie talkies locally connecting one to one with each other across short distances. They're radio transceivers communicating via radio transmission with other radio transceivers on towers that can be miles away.

Anyway...glad it's all working now. Had to say it. 🙂

Hello @ETusesPublic ,

Try:

Settings - Apps - Messaging app - and do a Force Stop. 

Then powered down for a couple minutes.  Restart phone.

EDIT:

After restarting your phone then clear the cache and data of the text messaging app form the application manager.

Check if the issue still occurs. If it does then maybe consider a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset.

ETusesPublic

We've done some troubleshooting. His phone is able to send/ receive text messages to others in his contact list. I'm the only person who cannot receive texts from him. We are the only two people who are with Public Mobile in his contact list. This leads me to believe it's an issue for him to text me because I'm Public Mobile too. 

He is able to receive texts from me. He texts me right back. We are in the same room. I cannot receive his texts. Very annoying! 

@ETusesPublic 

@ETusesPublic wrote:

No, not an iPhone. Everything was working fine until a few hours ago. He was getting my texts but I was not getting his. Even though we're in the same room.

Maybe try a network reset on your phone.  

You could try your PM Sim card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

ETusesPublic

No, not an iPhone. Everything was working fine until a few hours ago. He was getting my texts but I was not getting his. Even though we're in the same room.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ETusesPublic, are you using an iPhone that is trying to use iMessage when no data or wifi is available?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @ETusesPublic ,

Check to make sure you didn't block their number. 

oh wait, that does not sound like it.

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Need Help? Let's chat.