cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can’t connect to iCloud SMTP server

MStanlake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today when tried to send an email from my iCloud account I got a pop up message telling me the email could not be sent because the outgoing mail server smpt.mail.me.com failed.  This is the main iCloud server and I doubt it has actually mfailed.

Could this be somehow a problem with PM, has anyone had this problem.

Thanks in advance fo any help.

4 REPLIES 4

MStanlake

Oops, spoke too soon.  Quit again.  Works great on WIFI but fails on LTE with message cant contact iCloud server.

MStanlake

Today my mail started to send! The only difference I could see was I got back into BC from Alberta.  Possobly the Albertans were screwing with it as payback for the anti pipeline stand of the BC government.  🙂

No idea what thwe problemwas, but for now it's fixed.  Can't explain it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MStanlake could you have maybe run out of data?  Are you able to do other data things like browsing web pages?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MStanlake wrote:

Today when tried to send an email from my iCloud account I got a pop up message telling me the email could not be sent because the outgoing mail server smpt.mail.me.com failed.  This is the main iCloud server and I doubt it has actually mfailed.

Could this be somehow a problem with PM, has anyone had this problem.

Thanks in advance fo any help.

@MStanlake  That error is very descriptive and there are two possibilities. The first being that the server is down or temporarily unavailable or your data ran out  or your data connection was down. If your data connection is not the issue then the server was down. Which one is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.