cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in incomplete port for over a week now!

lukecraig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported from Rogers over a week ago and am stuck in the dreaded "incomplete port" status, where I esentially have serivce on both my Rogers and Public Mobile (minus being able to receive calls). I have emailed @Shazia_K and @Mary_M however there has been no response from them. I have patiently waited and havent caused a fuss but need the port to be finalized as I am paying for two services (which defeats the point of switching for a cheaper plan) it is now costing my double!

A bit frustrating as I am having to carry around 2 phones, hoping this can be fixed, thank you!

132 REPLIES 132

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
A lawyer for what? CRTC isn't even the right place to complain. @Shazia_K or @Mary_M IF one of you have time today, could you please take a look at this case. He's been waiting an awfully long time, thank you.

lukecraig

Im just going to wait I think, hopefully @Mary_M and @Shazia_K can contact me to get this resolved soon. Filed a tech request, rated the company as poorly as possible on the survey, been blasting them tweets and nothing. This is honestly the biggest joke! I feel like a drug dealer having to carry around 2 phones, so embarassing! Next course of action will be the CRTC and lawyers, this is unacceptable. Not even a reply from anyone in the company in over a week and a half! How hard is it to port a number when I did everything correct on my end. Please please help here I beg you!

Rockdaddy22
Make sure you click the authorized user box BEFORE you click anything else. Just use account number not pin or imei

lukecraig

I am wondering, if I go into account and select a new number, then I try the port again would that work? Or would that only complicate things even more? This has been such a pain in the butt I wish I never signed up with PM 😞

lukecraig

Yes when I log in PM it show me my account balance, my plan, phone number (which is the same as Rogers as I ported it).

When I login to do number change it gives me error "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Would be nice to contact them for assistance but they have been very unresponsive besides the nice people in the forum here. I wish @Mary_M and @Shazia_K would help by responding this is crazy.

I called Rogers and they said my account is active and they have no idea I am trying to port to conact PM but obviously that is not working 😞

renof

Am I correct to say that you can actually log into your PM account and you see they have charged you, and you can see the new PM number. 

When you log into PM with your email address, on the right click on Change Number under My Profile.

Select Transfer and when you put in your Rogers number, do you get an error message or does it continue onto filling in the fields.

Have you asked Rogers if in their system it shows number has been ported?

lukecraig

Unfortunately it gives me the error "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already." looks like Im going to have to put for PM to get things straightened out, 2 phones for me in the meantime 😞

Rockdaddy22
They will, or they'll give you a credit. Please don't stress about this.

lukecraig

Thanks for the response! Hoping its resolved soon but I'll use Rogers sim for now and hope they adjust my account from start date.

Rockdaddy22
Pm will adjust the account, you won't be paying for both. Just keep using the Rogers sim for now.

vento1

Hi @lukecraig,

You've done everything you can do and just have to wait until the moderators catch up with their huge workload.  Hopefully it isn't too much longer for you.

I can understand your frustrations of having to pay for 2 services, but I believe PM can adjust your account start date to the day it is finally ported.  

Rogers will prorate and close your account to the day PM finalizes the port.  

Hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.