cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange voicemail notification behaviour.

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When a voice mail is left, my phone (Nexus 5, Android 6) shows a notification icon for it.

After calling the voicemail and deleting the message, the notification icon remains.

Only after calling the voicemail a second (and sometimes third) time with no messages will the icon disappear.

This did not happen when I was with Fido.

Any ideas how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

I had the same problem for months, I'm on lg and it went away all by itself, I'm not sure if it was an ap update or change of the plan or numerous system changes around that brought it about but i haven't had it for months now.

Actually recently i didn't pay attention to the beginning of announcement and i wiped out the message in the middle of playback, then hanged up to call backp and then i saw it there hanging on top not wanting to just disappear. I thought ooh no it's back. But when i called the voicemail i was informed i didn't listen to everything, so it's all good. But i wish now i paid more attention at the time, just in case it comes back

If it's driving you crazy you can try contacting mods, you will wait for long time as it is not a priority. Or you can wait it out and let us know when it stops. I had it for at least 5 months

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alexo wrote:

When a voice mail is left, my phone (Nexus 5, Android 6) shows a notification icon for it.

After calling the voicemail and deleting the message, the notification icon remains.

Only after calling the voicemail a second (and sometimes third) time with no messages will the icon disappear.

This did not happen when I was with Fido.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I think that's a phone issue...not a Public Mobile thing. Maybe someone here has experience to share. Let Google be your friend.

Good luck.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alexo hi it happens with me also you have to make sure voicemail is deleleted before you exit mail box Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.