cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping unwanted calls

Running5000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

(thread moved from Retail to Discussion)

@ChallengerOwner wrote:

If you have a Samsung device then go to your settings in the "phone" section of your device ( usually the little phone icon) and there should be a block option which will block all calls, texts and voicemails. Works for me and trust me, it is one of the best features of the Samsung/android devices. Now as for apple products I am not entirely sure but they may have the same option. 

Hope that helps 😁

The Samsung blocking feature does not prevent someone from leaving voice messages.  I just blocked one of my numbers and tried calling the other.  It did nothing more than send the call direclty to voicemail without allowing the device to ring, just as many other phones can do.  The feature does prevent the receiving custoemr from seeing any text messages from blocked numbers as well.

What is a little more advanced in some Samsung devices is how they connect to the internet to check if the incoming caller's phone number is on a spam list.

ChallengerOwner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have a Samsung device then go to your settings in the "phone" section of your device ( usually the little phone icon) and there should be a block option which will block all calls, texts and voicemails. Works for me and trust me, it is one of the best features of the Samsung/android devices. Now as for apple products I am not entirely sure but they may have the same option. 

Hope that helps 😁

@mimmo wrote:

There are some apps you can install that will help block unwanted calls.

Or you can change your number.  Unfortunately there is nothing the carrier can do.

Edit the app I was thinking about is called truecaller.

While I suspect that simply blocking the number/sending it directly to voicemail is enough for most people, the thing that many people want is the ability for prevent people from leaving voice messages.  I was actually just about to mention True Caller, but mimno beat me to it. 

One of the other ones that can prevent people from leaving voice messages I believe it called No Spam No Voicemail, although I found that one to be slightly buggy, especially when it came to the auto answer setting.  The way these apps do that is by answering the call and then hanging up on them.  The only problem with that is that while that will prevent someone from leaving a message, it might actually mark your phone number on the other end as valid, and then they might keep calling.  In addition, you'll actualy hear your phone ring for a second, although you could set it to a ringtone with no sound for call from these numbers.

Many current Samsung devices have built-in spam blocking software.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are some apps you can install that will help block unwanted calls.

Or you can change your number.  Unfortunately there is nothing the carrier can do.

Edit the app I was thinking about is called truecaller.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Just go into your phone app and block the caller/number

Need Help? Let's chat.