cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Service

markemark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am currently paid until mid July, but am now shopping for a new device and probably a new plan with a new provider.  I don't need my current number either.  What do I need to do to cancel my Public plan?

Thank you,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@markemark  you can also put your sim in lost/stolen mode, to guarantee your service will be suspended

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@markemark 

There are really only a couple of ways to cancel your service. For your situation. You need to remove your payment. And if you want it cancelled immediately go into overview then plans  - click lost or stolen then allow it to go into suspension and after 90 days your number will be cancelled. And that is it. I would go a step further and even change the name in the profile to something else and change the address to something else as well so your information is completely removed 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then remove it and after 90 days then your account will be deactivated.

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@markemark wrote:

Hi,

I am currently paid until mid July, but am now shopping for a new device and probably a new plan with a new provider.  I don't need my current number either.  What do I need to do to cancel my Public plan?

Thank you,

Mark

Login to account and remove your autopay credit card.

Your account will be suspended after no payment mid July.

90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.

If you changed your mind to stay with PM, you can pay and reactivate before 90 days.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@markemark Just remove your Autopay in self-service account. (unlink your CC). After 90 days, account will be disable automatically. You also can use lost/stolen feature for the same purpose. Sorry to see you go.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@markemark  Remove your autopay and the next renewal your plan will be suspended and after 90 days it is closed, unable to be reactivated. Be sure that if you are porting your number to a new provider that you do it while the account is still active otherwise it will fail.

Disregard the porting part lol.

Need Help? Let's chat.