cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting promotional text messages after unsubscribing

whiskeyjack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

On June 5, I got the "Unresolved complaint about telecom..." text message and immediately replied with "UNSUBSCRIBE", after which I got the "As requested, you’ll no longer be getting any promotional...".

Fast forward to August 21, I got the same "Unresolved complaint about telecom..." text message.

What can I do to stop getting the "Unresolved complaint about telecom..." text messages?

Thanks.

Below is my text message transcript with 5129.

Public Mobile Promo Text Message.png

7 REPLIES 7

@whiskeyjack 

Unless you count the free 5gb of data add on or 1gb data add on + 1000min calling add on promotional gifts bc and alberta customers recieved yesterday as they came not long after the CCTS text.

@Korth 

Did you not get this text?

Edit: Oops that came from 5179.

whiskeyjack

Thank you for sharing the list.

Here's a list of all the PM numbers in my (current) phone history.

They have many. I'm guessing the whole 51xx series, at least. They seem to dedicate each one to a certain category of message. They might sometimes use different numbers for communicating the same thing in English and French.

I get CCTS notifications from 5129 every 3 months or so - carriers are required by CRTC regulations (law) to inform consumers of their rights - but I've never seen 5129 used for anything else.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@whiskeyjack I'm not sure. Just keep the number unblocked. They rarely send the message. Its not like its bothering, Its just a message.

Every carrier is required by law to send them by the CRTC. 

whiskeyjack

@whiskeyjack @gblackma 

Sorry, but the CCTS message cannot be unsubscribed from.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@whiskeyjack second time lucky. 👍Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.