cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speculation - Next Migration Offer (If Any)

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello All,

As 1 x wave of migration offer (45/8) has passed, another 2 x offers are in play :

35/5, 40/8

&

Talk/Text (TT)

If any? - Are we expecting more offers in future?

What Offer? - What will be the offer structure, which plans are likely to receive it, will there be a difference between in-store migration and online migration like this time?

Anything Else? - Any other ideas.

Please post your ideas, expectations, feedbacks.

I will try to create a summary and update that frequently for all participants.

TIA

22 REPLIES 22

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Haha, For $25 I would "consider" it but probably wouldnt switch until its around the $20 or less area. Public mobile is too sweet, all I gotta do is wait a couple more months and I start to see my $1 loyalty bonus

As we've all repeatedly said I'm sure...more for less. 🙂

Koodo has that $15 unlimited texting/no calling base plan which kinda keeps me looking.

So to the topic...I agree with you...I'm tired of all the data promos. I'd like to see PM "compete" with Koodo and make $15 unlimited texting and unlimited province calling (at least). I'd probably bite on that.

PM will never compete wiith Koodo, it is now designed to be a feeder to koodo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shapla001 wrote:

personally, agreed with your proposal

It's always good for linkage to indicate who you're "talking" to. Who are you replying to? 🙂

I just click Quote every time and maybe shorten the quote for brevity. Or even simply the "@" user tag thing.

Shapla001

@Effort wrote:

I'm more interested in a better deal on Public Mobile that will make it easier to get to a $0 plan. $30 or $35 dollar plan with 3 - 3.5GB of data would make it so much easier. As long as we continue to have access to the LTE yet throttled, it'll be the plan to have for the frugal.

personally, agreed with your proposal

Shapla001

So, the latest in-store promo for Sep 15-16 is indicating something? Marshalling as many as possible before the next migraation offer. Probably the timing also indicates something well before Black Friday.

Any guess?

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm more interested in a better deal on Public Mobile that will make it easier to get to a $0 plan. $30 or $35 dollar plan with 3 - 3.5GB of data would make it so much easier. As long as we continue to have access to the LTE yet throttled, it'll be the plan to have for the frugal.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I totally agree that there will be another big offer to coincide with Q4 earnings release time, between black Friday and boxing week.  My sense is the big gig plans are going to be featured.  That was the big attraction last year with the $60/10GB offering.  Freedom is going to be the benchmark for pricing and plan features.  Ususally there is a flood of 35% discounts from Freedom, making their $60 plan $39.  My crystal ball says $40/10GB will be the featured plan.  This is consistent with the need to offer ever increasing incentives to get the stragglers to leave.  The low hanging fruit was harvested in February/March.  As for bill credits, maybe a repeat of the current $15 x 12. 

It's true that they got some of the low hanging fruit in Feb/Mar, and even more with the most recent offer, which might make it hard to attract those who have chosen to stay with PM.  However, the promos have probably drawn a lot of new customers to PM from other carriers.  So there should be a new wave of customers who would be more than happy to switch to Koodo if they just repeated the most recent $35/5GB and $40/8GB offers.

Shapla001

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I totally agree that there will be another big offer to coincide with Q4 earnings release time, between black Friday and boxing week.  My sense is the big gig plans are going to be featured.  That was the big attraction last year with the $60/10GB offering.  Freedom is going to be the benchmark for pricing and plan features.  Ususally there is a flood of 35% discounts from Freedom, making their $60 plan $39.  My crystal ball says $40/10GB will be the featured plan.  This is consistent with the need to offer ever increasing incentives to get the stragglers to leave.  The low hanging fruit was harvested in February/March.  As for bill credits, maybe a repeat of the current $15 x 12. 

So is your crystal ball more reliable than @stonechucker's tea leaves? 🙂

No, pure speculation.  I am just trying to judge based on the competition.  The latest out there includes giving loyalty bonuses to keep customers from switching out.  Rogers is giving 3GB to loyal customers who remain on the $60/10GB plan.  So it is either more GBs or lower price.  Telus knows the people here are price sensitive and so it's the lower price option that will be offered.

Roger's 3GB was a pure fiasco, who deserved it, who got it, how CS denied it, all were messed up. Is that not usual with all Roger's offers. Recent iPad offer was also a messed one.

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

No, pure speculation.  I am just trying to judge based on the competition.  The latest out there includes giving loyalty bonuses to keep customers from switching out.  Rogers is giving 3GB to loyal customers who remain on the $60/10GB plan.  So it is either more GBs or lower price.  Telus knows the people here are price sensitive and so it's the lower price option that will be offered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I'd like to see the return of the LTE data promos in-house (at Public Mobile), on 30 & 90-day plans.  Also the return to benefitting those who sign-up for 90-day plans with $8-$12 discounts over 3x30-day prices.

But I'm not holding my breath, nor do I have the tea leaves working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:
In the last round, there was an offer of a $20 talk and text plan with $120 bill credit which means $10 for 12 months. 

Interesting. No rewards though 🙂

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Tired of all this $35+ big data stuff. GIve me monthly 1gb(or more) with unlimited calling / texting for $25 or less per month and I will consider it otherwise go pound sand koodo

Yeah! Go pound sand Koodo! 🙂

(I'd rather spend even less though)

Haha, For $25 I would "consider" it but probably wouldnt switch until its around the $20 or less area. Public mobile is too sweet, all I gotta do is wait a couple more months and I start to see my $1 loyalty bonus

Come on Robert make up your mind.  Don't draw a hazy line in the sand!  The current offer with bill credit considered is $25 per month including taxes for a year. 

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Koodo has that $15 unlimited texting/no calling base plan which kinda keeps me looking.

So to the topic...I agree with you...I'm tired of all the data promos. I'd like to see PM "compete" with Koodo and make $15 unlimited texting and unlimited province calling (at least). I'd probably bite on that.

@I am on the $10 @ $8 with autopay plan they will need to give me unlimited calling and unlimited text for $10 and I will make the move.

In the last round, there was an offer of a $20 talk and text plan with $120 bill credit which means $10 for 12 months. 

MrMonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would also like to see this. For those of us on a budget, cell providers like PM are great, but give us more and we will be more than tempted to stick around when the competition gives away a better deal. Would love to see a 500mb/1gb with talk and text for $25.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@I am on the $10 @ $8 with autopay plan they will need to give me unlimited calling and unlimited text for $10 and I will make the move.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Tired of all this $35+ big data stuff. GIve me monthly 1gb(or more) with unlimited calling / texting for $25 or less per month and I will consider it otherwise go pound sand koodo

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shapla001

If I have to stick my neck out to guess for the next migration offer, it will be around Black Friday to boxing week.

Reason:

For the migration promos this year, they started around the middle of Telus financial quarter and ended at the end of financial quarter.  Why?  Telus wants to beef up their financial reports for the investor analysts.

1st promo started around Feburary - Telus first quarter end in March

2nd promo started around June - Telus second quarter end in June

3nd promo started around August - Telus third quarter ends in September.

Therefore, my predication for the next migration offer is around November and end in December(end of fourth quarter)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Speculation?

Next migration offer has higher base price (at least $50) in the 8-10GB data range

And one thing Koodo has not done yet (which they really should!) is STOP giving bill credits; a better business model is knocking that $180 (or whatever) off the price of the phone

If you are trying to migrate people to postpaid it seems silly to let them bring their own device

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Shapla001 wrote:

Hello All,

As 1 x wave of migration offer (45/8) has passed, another 2 x offers are in play :

35/5, 40/8

&

Talk/Text (TT)

If any? - Are we expecting more offers in future?

What Offer? - What will be the offer structure, which plans are likely to receive it, will there be a difference between in-store migration and online migration like this time?

Anything Else? - Any other ideas.

Please post your ideas, expectations, feedbacks.

I will try to create a summary and update that frequently for all participants.

TIA

Need Help? Let's chat.