cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam? Virus?

rmcmama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a heads up, I received an email from Margaret m93 on public mobile about sex secrets. Just wanted to warn everyone. 

12 REPLIES 12

Sc303610
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I receive some in the private message. Who should I contact tobbMock theSe?

@dna2016 wrote:

@rmcmama recommend advise the MODS.  It can be something they look into if they hear others are also getting messages like this.  The more people report these things, the more likely the company will investigate.

@dna2016 Your posts will have more relevance if you take into account the previous posts in a thread; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Spam-Virus/m-p/475330/highlight/true#M103... for e.g.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rmcmama recommend advise the MODS.  It can be something they look into if they hear others are also getting messages like this.  The more people report these things, the more likely the company will investigate.

goauldgungan

I noticed the spam names were a common name+ a letter&two digits

rmcmama

Thank you!

Hi @rmcmama 

If you click on the person to checkout their profile at the bottom you will see possibilities to block them or befriend them, just where you can send them a private message

Hope it helps

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi all,

First, hope you're having a great holiday Smiley Happy

Second, on some not so great matters-  thank you for flagging the recent spam issue with us- we identified two IP addresses who have created numerous accounts (almost in the 1000s) to message Community members, at random, links to inappropriate websites. 

I want to reassure you that no private information has been disclosed, and that the only way these individuals were able to contact customers was via Community private message only. 

We have taken action to ban these accounts and mark their content as spam, however we are still looking into whether we can retract or delete private messages from these accounts. The ask right now would be to manually delete these messages. For now, please let the Community know we are monitoring this and having conversations with our partners at Khoros on how to mitigate this. Please continue using the reporting feature to remove this type of content in the regular boards.

We deeply apologize for letting this slip through the cracks.

Thanks,

Alan

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The mods are aware and are taking actions.  No need to block as once messaged they will probably not message again.

On the message you received there is a report button .  You could report the sender if you like.

rmcmama

Can you tell me how to block it?

@wetcoaster wrote:

@rmcmama wrote:

Just a heads up, I received an email from Margaret m93 on public mobile about sex secrets. Just wanted to warn everyone. 

Report it to the moderators so that they can block the account - seems to be rampant today.

Spam. I wouldn't expect much joy from moderator action if these origionate from a true spammer.

@rmcmama  You can block any incoming private messages from that source.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rmcmama

I will, if I can figure out how 🙄. Thanks 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@rmcmama wrote:

Report it to the moderators so that they can block the account - seems to be rampant today.

Need Help? Let's chat.