cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone help

osama11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello it's been days plus months now and my service is not working. Here is my phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

• My account number is: xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Password I can provide message anyone, so this problem can be fixed 
  • Nobody is helping me. 
  • I can't wait to move away from public Mobile.
  • Nobody reply
  • I wrote like essays 
  • If anymore information needed please message at my email. This insane

edited by computergek541: customer's information removed

32 REPLIES 32

@Anonymous 

Correct...... sometimes I assume the obvious.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All: For this private message method being suggested...the fact that most of the information on the account doesn't need to be real...and of course likely most people would put in real information but still...all of the identifying items need to be what's already there on the account. If fake info was put in originally then you need to provide the fake info for this method.

@osama11 

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times have improved and are back down to a few hours...

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@osama11 

I suppose we can do this all over again. I think your communication problems with the moderators is entirely due to late responses on your part. This time after verifying give the moderator some time blocks that work for you to communicate so that both you and they can check in during thosr times ti resolve your issue.

I would recommend my method of contact via private message only so you pre-verify and can skip the verification step that causing further miscommunications. If I haven't already posted it in this thread I will. To determine what is causing your wifes lack of service please perform the following tests:

1. You have already established that your wife's service is active.
  2. Compare the last 4 digits of the sim card with the ones in the account. If they match great. If they don't match the phone number has been simjacked. If that's the case....suspend the service via lost/stolen, change the password and contact the moderators.
  3. Swap sim cards with your wifes. When you put her sim in  your phone what happens?  Vice versa what happens when you put your sim in her phone? What messages come up on each phone when you swap cards?

Your answers to these tests will determine the issue and whether more testing/action needs to be taken or not to help us diagnose the problem and the action you need to take to fix it. Or you can wait for the moderator to ask you the same questions to determine the issue.

Remember responding promptly will speed up service times.

@osama11 

As mentioned in previous posts, you should make sure that your wife's account was not sim swapped.  See below thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

If the Sim card matches, then you could try your wife's SIM card in any working phone (ie. your phone).  That helps determine whether it is a hardware (ie. phone) set up issue versus PM service problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@osama11 : Just to be sure on terminology...you're responding in the private message system right? Not via email? But yes these things need a timely response on your part. Otherwise they think you're done and move on. They would usually warn you though. If they did and you still didn't reply then you'll need to do it all again.

Edit: reading back, did you compare the SIM # in the account to the actual SIM in your phone?

osama11

Account is still active, I even have extra payment in the account. My wife's phone service doesn't work at all. She still has her same iPhone that used to work with public Mobile. Everything I write to mods they send me an email to confirm my account. After I do that I never hear back or I get busy. I time I come here I feel like I have no hope. I want to move the number out but I'm stuck because when you move the number now you get a text on your old sim to port number out and you must reply yes. And I can't even do that because her service is not working

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@osama11 wrote:

Ok guys I'm back. Today my wife got really mad that her cell phone is not working. I paid my bill and everything is good from my side. It's been months her phone is not working. I'm starting to have a super hard time with this message and reply back and forth. The support people are not doing anything to help me. I even verified my information but still nothing. Please someone help me, everytime I come here I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. Please someone fix my phone. 

If you log into self service what is the Account Status? Does it say Active? Have you replied back to the ticket you opened with the moderators?

@osama11 

Exactly how long since your wife had service on her phone? If its been more than 90 days the account will have been cancelled.

Why are you having communication issues with the moderators? Response times are back to normal. Are you responding promptly? Support tickets are closed after 48 hours of no response.

osama11

Ok guys I'm back. Today my wife got really mad that her cell phone is not working. I paid my bill and everything is good from my side. It's been months her phone is not working. I'm starting to have a super hard time with this message and reply back and forth. The support people are not doing anything to help me. I even verified my information but still nothing. Please someone help me, everytime I come here I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. Please someone fix my phone. 

@osama11 

@osama11 wrote:

After I turned on the data, the phone is saying my service is suspended and make the payment. But I made the payment plus I have extra money in my account. how many times are they going to charge me. I hate my life. Someone please help.. I can’t make the payment 3rd time now? Or should I? This is giving me headaches. Life is tough already and now this phone issue. Fml 

Do not pay more.  You should have a positive balance already.  Did a moderator (PM employee) get back to you?  

We are customers like yourself.  Just offering advice.  Sometimes we can solve problems without moderator help.  Other times, you need moderator help.  

Reviewed your thread and it is difficult to figure things out.  If possible, maybe write a detail summary of your issues.  From beginning to end.

BTW, did you check your SIM card number in your phone to see whether it matches the last 4 digits in your self service account.  If the numbers don't match, let us know. For example, see below:

Get Started.png

osama11

After I turned on the data, the phone is saying my service is suspended and make the payment. But I made the payment plus I have extra money in my account. how many times are they going to charge me. I hate my life. Someone please help.. I can’t make the payment 3rd time now? Or should I? This is giving me headaches. Life is tough already and now this phone issue. Fml 

CatBlack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

@dabr 

That's a good possibility.

@osama11  

As @dabr  has mentioned if your sim number doesn't match then you have been simjacked. Suspend your service via lost/stolen and change your password. Do you see any usage in your in your usage history? If you have been simjacked and its been over a month and you haven't noticed any unusual activity with your finances then you must be incredibly lucky or have nothing linked to your phone number so you're very smart. Contact the moderators to restore your account or figure out what your service issue is thats affecting your phone service. Wait times may exceed 72 hrs+.

@osama11 wrote:

Well my account is showing active, but my service is not working I can't make calls or receive calls. It's been more than a month now. Also my service is not supspened. I can't even make the payment using the phone. Also I have extra funds in my account. That's the whole problem. I didn't get hold of anyone yet. I'm sure another month or so I'll get someone to fix it. 

@osama11   Are you saying you've been a whole month without service and moderators have not been able to resolve your issue?   Have you tried sending the moderators another message?  Something doesn't sound right about the lack of response here. 

Have you tried to click the Reactivate button in your self serve account if there is sufficient funds in your account?

Also check the last four digits of the SIM in your phone to what is registered in your account to verify that they match.

osama11

Well my account is showing active, but my service is not working I can't make calls or receive calls. It's been more than a month now. Also my service is not supspened. I can't even make the payment using the phone. Also I have extra funds in my account. That's the whole problem. I didn't get hold of anyone yet. I'm sure another month or so I'll get someone to fix it. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@osama11 did you run into another issue with fraud, like you did in 2017?  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Fraud-Alert-Why-was-my-Thread-dele...

@CS_Agent have your received private messages from this user recently?  Are they being helped?  cc: @Melinda_H I'm not sure if this issue is legit or not but if it's really been months with no help, is there anything you can do to help escalate?  Thank you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Completely agree with you, @Anonymous & @kb_mv & @Jb456 

The OP seems willing to provide way too much personal information on the initial post (thankfully computergeek took care of that), yet very little information to allow the Community to really provide a useful response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@osama11 wrote:

nope nothing

Please be more descriptive.

@Anonymous A page and a half of posts, 4 by @osama11 and I have no idea what the issue is. Am I missing something?

Like another poster yesterday....sigh.

You're not missing anything. The thread is just sorely lacking in details that the OP can't seem to or won't provide. Grunting out one or two words with no context helps nothing.

Maybe the moderator got back to him so he's off here for another year.

@Anonymous wrote:

@osama11 wrote:

nope nothing

@Anonymous A page and a half of posts, 4 by @osama11 and I have no idea what the issue is. Am I missing something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@osama11 wrote:

nope nothing

Where did you get that you have $126 in balance? 611 or self-serve?

Can you log in to your self-serve? What happens when you dial 611?

What is the status? ie. Active or Plan Expired or ...

What is working if anything? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet (not on wifi)?

osama11

nope nothing

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@osama11 wrote:

This is the only option, I have left I believe. At least the scammer will fix my issue 

You aren't talking to Public Mobile here. You're talking to other customers. How is the scammer going to fix your issue? A scammer would steal your phone number. Don't give your password to anyone. Moderators don't need to you know your password either.

@osama11 

Any luck?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@osama11 

Explain the issue you're having (DONT POST ANY PERSONAL INFO) 

You said you haven't had service for months. How many months? Has a payment been received in last 90 days? At 90 says accounts in suspended status are closed and deleted.

Looking at your past posts. You have one in 2017 with issues.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Fraud-Alert-Why-was-my-Thread-dele...

Then a post in 2018 saying you already moved 4 accounts from this scam to Koodo. Which is not really a big move. Telus owns Koodo and Public mobile just saying.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Super-slow-service/m-p/277454

So now in 2021. What is the issue? More details please do we can try to help you! 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@osama11 

If it has been weeks/months, my advice to you would be to contact the Moderators, and if you have, await their reply.

It seems Moderator response time is slower in recent days...

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

While you're waiting, try these steps:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. While on self-serve, check that SIM card number under “Change Sim card” matches the SIM card number in your phone
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  6. Change wifi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  7. Set network mode to Auto
  8. Reset network settings
  9. Update device software to latest version
  10. Perform a manual network selection

osama11

This is the only option, I have left I believe. At least the scammer will fix my issue 

@osama11 

Can you access your account? Log in. Go to the plans or the usage page. Tap lost/stolen. Suspend phone. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Resume sernice via lost/stolen. Log out. Reboot phone. Do you have service?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Talk about a simjack waiting to happen geese. REMOVE YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE YOU HAVE MORE ISSUES WHEN YIU GET SIMJACKED AND SCAMMERS STEAL YOUR STUFF.

Need Help? Let's chat.