cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone Is Using My Phone Number To Call Other People

phu348
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Basically, today I got calls from someone saying that I have called them several times today, but when I don't even know who they were nor the number. Checking my usage they used my number at times like 2am when I was asleep. Does anyone know how I can fix this??? 

Thanksss

9 REPLIES 9

ntang747
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I found this scary too, as I heard from a friend of mine who had a similar situation on takeout orders. Someone must have provided the wrong phone number (but the correct home address). The delivery guy went to the person's home address and called my friend's cell to let them know that the takeout order is ready, etc. My friend let the person know they didn't make any takeout orders, but the delivery guy kept calling as he figured no one answered the door. 

Hope the person enjoyed the takeout they ordered, but stay safe out there guys!

@DOA 

Those entries were probably just from incoming calls being forwarded to voicemail.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@phu348 wrote:

Basically, today I got calls from someone saying that I have called them several times today, but when I don't even know who they were nor the number. Checking my usage they used my number at times like 2am when I was asleep. Does anyone know how I can fix this??? 

Thanksss

Same thing happened to me back in June.

Two calls were made to the same unknown party with my number.  The calls show up in my phone call logs.

No problems since then that I know of.

@phu348 wrote:

Thanksss

Someone pretending to be you wouldn't cause any of these outgoing calls to be in your self serve call history. If this person switched you to a different sim card, you surely would have noticed that your service wasn't working. And if that person were to try to return your service to you afterwards so that you wouldn't notice, that wouldn't work either because sim cards cannot be resused.

The only possibility would be either that your sim card was cloned, or that there's a misunderstanding in the interperpretation of your usage history. If someone were to clone you sim card, your service would be suspended, and that other person wouldn't be able to make calls either. The system would noticed duplicates connected to the network.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@phu348 

I've gotten these kind of calls. It's very irritating. I find you usually get them in waves. I havent had any here yet.....but they usually stop after awhile. I can't remember how long its been but we'll over a year since the last time.

If the calls are in your Self Serve history at PM you better see if your phone is working otherwise, you may have been SIM Jacked.

If someone you dont know calls you and says you were calling them with some sort of spam phone calls, it is just someone spoofing a number that happens to be yours in order to make their spam phone calls look like a local call to others when they call other people in your Area Code and Exchange. They truly just pick a random number to show on call display which in this case looks to be your number.

AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@phu348 , did you confirm this usage in your self serve account?  The only way this can happen is if someone has access to your account and change the SIM card to the one in their phone.  Check the SIM card registered to the account against the one in your possession.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@phu348  Did that number in your usage end in 4001? If yes, that is your voicemail number.

It's possible that someone is using your number to spam other callers. If that is the case then there isn't much you can do other than changing your number.

If you verified from your usage that your number made the call then either someone has access to your device or sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.