cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved-Banned From Logging In To Community Forum

PublicGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On iPhone…

Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.   Then disable the feature Enable LTE.    Try logging on again.

This work for me. Once logged on, you can turn Enable LTE on again.  Things should be fine.

3 REPLIES 3

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@PublicGuy wrote:

On iPhone…

Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.   Then disable the feature Enable LTE.    Try logging on again.

This work for me. Once logged on, you can turn Enable LTE on again.  Things should be fine.

Yes it looks like PM bans certain IP addresses likely due to violation of community forum TOS.

Here is previous thread discussion on same topic
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Forum-account-banned/td-p/330596

@PublicGuy wrote:

On iPhone…

This had been discussed before. You would actually need to enable data again before logging in since such actuvity would require an internet connection. This likely has to do with a specific IP address being banned. It's not really about disabling LTE specifically, but more about disconnecting from the internet and the reconnecting to get a new IP address.  Disconnecting only LTE probably bumped you down to the HSPA   network which resulted in the same.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Glad it worked for you but the solution totally doesn't make sense.  There must have been some kind of bug that toggling the network connection resolved. 

Need Help? Let's chat.