cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Networks and Public Mobile

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi All. 

I don't use any of the social networks (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram...) but my wife does.

We are thinking of moving her over to Public Mobile from her current provider but I want to be able to assure her that those will still work fine at throttled 3g speeds.

I'm sure they do as I've seen others mentioning they only notice a difference when they try to watch high definition videos and such and I've never seen any issues with anything I do on the phone. Just looking for your opinions/views on this.

Thanks much.

7 REPLIES 7

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you all for your input. Didn't think there would be any issue but just wanted to check with people actually using them.

audrey_timm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It works perfectly fine for me and I am always in socials.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Danchvn 

You get full 3G speed or capped 3Mbps LTE.  Watch youtube up to 720p without buffering issue.  

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Danchvn 

@Danchvn wrote:

Hi All. 

I don't use any of the social networks (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram...) but my wife does.

We are thinking of moving her over to Public Mobile from her current provider but I want to be able to assure her that those will still work fine at throttled 3g speeds.

I'm sure they do as I've seen others mentioning they only notice a difference when they try to watch high definition videos and such and I've never seen any issues with anything I do on the phone. Just looking for your opinions/views on this.

Thanks much.

works great,  just make sure you pick the right package if you use a lot of data

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Danchvn PM works pretty solid with social networks. At least you could give it a try.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Danchvn  give her your phone over the weekend and allow her to go crazy using them on it. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yup all work fine. No issues. 

Can be on Facebook while streaming Spotify at same time no worries at all.

Welcome to Public Mobile and don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.