cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’ve been experiencing very slow speeds recently, even slower then the 3mbps data cap. 

I’ve been considered a non data-intensive user from people I’ve known but recently even loading websites that i’ve loaded before don’t even load. 

I did a speed test and basically every speed test i’ve done has gotten less then 1mbps speeds. Even connecting to a different cell phone tower doesn’t work (tried this by moving in different parts of the GTA several times, each time kilometres away from each one) 

I checked self serve and haven’t used all my data so I do not know what’s wrong, service is active, does anyone know what I can do?

PS: Have already done a carrier update and tried to reset network settings. Didn’t work. Also text and calling works fine. Haven’t considered making a ticket to moderators, but if anyone recommends it, i’ll try.

9 REPLIES 9

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Asher2 iPhone should be fine. I do find that the network is slow recently. If you have $15 plan, just don't expect much from PM. 

stevenanto

can it be possible that your phone would need a little reset. I remember my older iphone needing one every few months. 

Asher2

@BlueB Usually the 3mbps cap has been fine and always been fine for me, it loads a tiny bit slow but it was fine.

Until recently, where speeds have been even slower till the point it was basically unusable.

Asher2

@sunflowershine iPhone 

sunflowershine

@Asher2 What kind of phone are you using? 

BlueB

Happy to hear you got it working at 3G.  It's common that people find speeds to be faster on actual 3G because it's unthrottled (compared to a slowed-down version of LTE).  I'm not sure what your data needs are exactly, but now you have options even when LTE is back running for you!  🙂

Asher2

@BlueB @cellphoneuser1 UPDATE: As recommended by replies, I’ve tried using 3G. It is working fine and faster then the 3mbps but still also has more latency. 

I’ll use 3G temporarily until LTE will work better again. Thanks for the help.

BlueB

@Asher2 

When did you start noticing the problem?  Are you having problems in different areas?  (Have you restarted your phone? :))  I'm assuming Wifi is still working as fast as usual?

If you've noticed a big speed drop lately, there could be some technical issues we're not seeing... such as congestion like @cellphoneuser1.

Not directly related to the problem, but just be careful because Speedtests can eat up a lot of data quickly.  🙂

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 wrote:

I’ve been experiencing very slow speeds recently, even slower then the 3mbps data cap. 

I’ve been considered a non data-intensive user from people I’ve known but recently even loading websites that i’ve loaded before don’t even load. 

I did a speed test and basically every speed test i’ve done has gotten less then 1mbps speeds. Even connecting to a different cell phone tower doesn’t work (tried this by moving in different parts of the GTA several times, each time kilometres away from each one) 

I checked self serve and haven’t used all my data so I do not know what’s wrong, service is active, does anyone know what I can do?

PS: Have already done a carrier update and tried to reset network settings. Didn’t work. Also text and calling works fine.

It could be weak signal. Try your sim in another phone to see if it's your phone.  Try comparing speeds on 3g compared to LTE.  One could be congested more.

Need Help? Let's chat.