cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Devices

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all:

I have LG G3 which is acting up, my screen is flickering and turns black itslef and then comes on.  I have reboted to factory set but still the same problem.  I have googled and found out that I have clear my cashed which I did but the same problem 😞

I don't want to spend money to have this fixed as this is few years old, and was exploring my options.

I have found one phone from sky devices.

https://skydevices.myshopify.com/products/elite-5-5-octa-dark-grey

please let me know if this is a good phone and if they will work with PM.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

repatch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM is on the Bell+Telus network, which uses the following bands:

UMTS/HSPA(3G): B2 (1900), B5 (850)

LTE(4G): B2(1900), B4(1700/2100), B5(850), B7(2600), B12(700), B13(700) and B17(700)

The phone you're pointing too lists:

3G 850/1700/1900
4G 2/4/7/17

So you will be quite good to go. The lack of B5 and B12+13 will hurt a tiny amount in more rural areas (those bands have longer range+better building penetration), but your experience with the network will be pretty much 100% on this phone since with B17 you will still get some of that 700MHz band.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for all of your messages, I ended up buying Asus Zoom phone and its working.

only thing is I had to add APN manually, but its working and really like that phone

thanks for your help.

ECH

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ech_786 that phone should work as it includes 850 & 1900 MHz 3G support.  Also, all four of it's LTE bands are supported on PM as well:

From the spec sheet you linked:

3G 850/1700/1900
4G 2/4/7/17

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Blad_R
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ech_786,

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile.  I will be glad to assist you today with your request.

Public Mobile works on following frequencies:

• For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  • For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands

I hope that I was able to provide you with a suitable answer, and feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Thank you ech_786 for agreeing to take part in this important short survey measuring customer satisfaction.

Cheers,

Bladimir R.

---
Enter our Thrift Shop Day Contest here by 12:00PM EST, August 24th for a chance to win a one-time $50 Public Mobile account credit!
No purchase necessary.
Read complete Contest Rules before entering.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've never heard of this brand of phone but it should work.

You can check to make sure it works on PM's network. 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This phone should work fine on the public mobile service.

Need Help? Let's chat.