cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site technical issues!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Hello, anyone aware or any technical issues with this site at the moment? I have contacted support about an issue I am having with my account, received a response back and able to read the private message but unable to reply. I select reply but it doesn’t open to allow me! I have signed out, cleared cashe, rebooted, signed in and tried again still not luck! No issues with any other website. 

So, if “Fatima (Public Mobile Moderator Team)” sees this then this is why I do not respond back!

17 REPLIES 17

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Lowufo wrote:

No you should only be taxed to renew your plan not when adding funds to your account.

When I tried to add funds to my account it added tax. 

I am a little slow so I am making sure I do not misunderstand anything. 

Taxes are only charged when topping up the account, whether it's done manually or through autopay, and whether online or purchasing a voucher from a store.

Taxes are not charged twice. All price amounts shown in your self serve account are pre-tax amounts.

That means I misunderstood a few posts on here then! I read a few times that people could no longer use their phone and have been told that is due to not adding enough funds to their account by not including the plans taxes when adding the funds. So that lead me to believe we were double taxed. Adding the cost of monthly plan plus the tax on the plan and also taxed when paying on the account. I really misunderstood! Good to know. I thought we were being double taxed. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I am in desperate need of sleep!

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Lowufo wrote:

No you should only be taxed to renew your plan not when adding funds to your account.

Taxes are only charged when topping up the account, whether it's done manually or through autopay, and whether online or purchasing a voucher from a store.

Taxes are not charged twice. All price amounts shown in your self serve account are pre-tax amounts.

@LitlLdy wrote:

Hello, anyone aware or any technical issues with this site at the moment? I have contacted support about an issue I am having with my account, received a response back and able to read the private message but unable to reply. I select reply but it doesn’t open to allow me! I have signed out, cleared cashe, rebooted, signed in and tried again still not luck! No issues with any other website. 

So, if “Fatima (Public Mobile Moderator Team)” sees this then this is why I do not respond back!

On a regular basis, there has surely been something wrong with the Community website since Wednesday.

These issues include: Community site not loading, "processing your request" message when trying to navigate the site, error messages in red and the site won't let you post a message or send a private mesagge, and a random need to log back in multiple times over a short period of time.

@Lowufo wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@LitlLdyYes that is normal. look closely at the payment page.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 5.20.47 PM.png

That’s interesting! I’ve never been taxed before to make a payment to an account! So we’re taxed on our bill and taxed again when adding funds!

@LitlLdy  PM does issue bills. The payment history does not include taxes. You get charged taxes when funding your account by cc payment or purchasing vouchers.

You’re not understanding me. Bill has taxes which makes sense and when I add funds they also charge taxes. So I am taxed twice!

What am I misunderstanding in your reply?

@LitlLdy wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

That’s interesting! I’ve never been taxed before to make a payment to an account! So we’re taxed on our bill and taxed again when adding funds!

@LitlLdy  PM does issue bills. The payment history does not include taxes. You get charged taxes when funding your account by cc payment or purchasing vouchers.

@Lowufo wrote:

@Lowufo  That is incorrect. When you add funds to your account via a one time payment using your cc on file you do get charged taxes. When you buy a voucher at a retail location you pay for the cost of the voucher plus taxes.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Another question, is it normal to be charged tax when adding funds to ones account? I have discovered so far that Public Mobile is different in a lot of ways to other cell phone providers.  Is this also normal to be charged tax to add funds to an account?

@geopublic wrote:

@LitlLdy  Can you send them a new message with your response instead of a reply?

I have tried that also for over 1 hour! Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. It is ironic the need to submit another ticket about technical issues to resolve a different ticket! 🤣 

@LitlLdy  Can you send them a new message with your response instead of a reply?

@geopublic wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

Hello, anyone aware or any technical issues with this site at the moment? I have contacted support about an issue I am having, received a response back and able to read the private message but unable to reply. I select reply but it doesn’t open to allow me! I have signed out, cleared cashe, rebooted, signed in and tried again still not luck! No issues with any other website. 

@LitlLdy  if the reply doesn't work then just send them a new message and maybe cut and paste the original message from the moderators.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

I can not reply to any private messages! I have been trying for 45 minutes!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy wrote:

Hello, anyone aware or any technical issues with this site at the moment? I have contacted support about an issue I am having, received a response back and able to read the private message but unable to reply. I select reply but it doesn’t open to allow me! I have signed out, cleared cashe, rebooted, signed in and tried again still not luck! No issues with any other website. 

@LitlLdy  if the reply doesn't work then just send them a new message and maybe cut and paste the original message from the moderators.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LitlLdy I noticed that this website has been slowed in the past few days. Come back another time and try again. 

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I too saw errors while loading. 

Need Help? Let's chat.