cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since my Motorola network did a massive upgrade a few days ago I cannot seem to access my data

jobella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
Since my Motorola network did a massive upgrade a few days ago I cannot seem to access my data outside of WIFI areas which is a BIG BIG problem for a freelancer!!!
I keep getting a prompt to login to my Public Mobile Network????
When I click on this to see what it does I get the error message that it "timed out".
PLEASE HELP

12 REPLIES 12

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not sure Martin that doing factory reset will roll back Lollipop upgrade, it will remain, phone won't go back to its original os version, that's my opinion. I might be wrong.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Good morning!

As you know, the measure of last resort is a factory reset, which will return the state of your phone to when it was still in its box, plus the Lollipop upgrade.

Considering that a factory reset deletes EVERTHING added to the phone, please back up everything that is important to you, namely, contacts, music, call history, texts, documents, EVERTHING.

Rather than doing the above, why not search for a solution on Google, as I am certain that you have already done. The keywords that I used before composing this reply were "lollipop upgrade no data". Exclude the quotation marks for the search.

If you do find a solution, or decide to do a factory reset, would you please report back to the community so that others may be helped?
Thank you.

I sincerely wish you the best of success in finding a solution that does not entail a factory reset.

Good luck!!!

bcnadon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Martin,

Tried 3 times still no data still asking for me to sign in.

BTW thanks for the tip anyways never knew about safe mode. Could come in handy later.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks in advance

benwarez

DK
Hi can you be more specific.

barbarajamieson

Martin
Legend
Legend
@jobella,

Since you were having the same problem as @bcnadon, please refer to the above post.

Thank you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
bcnadon,

Switch into safe mode; enable data; and then manually select your preferred network if it does not occur automatically.

Switch off your phone, and then reboot into normal mode.

I hope that the above helps.

Good luck!

bcnadon
I upgraded just fine. The issue is since the update there is no mobile data. I get a popup saying to sign into the network. Tap it and it just says can not load page. Tried inputting the APN's manually but nothing works.

I checked out the link but nothing there about this problem.

benwarez
Check this link that will help U fix some issues with Moto G upgrade to Lollipop: http://www.reddit.com/r/MotoG/

bcnadon
I'm having the same problem. Anyone figure out how to fix it yet? I've tried adding a new apn but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated

benwarez
Need Help? Let's chat.