cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simm Card number changed now no service!

Lornawill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have not had service for two days. Tried everything. Today I check my account online and it shows the last 4 digits of my sim card....they are not the same as the Sim Card I have always used since day one. I have never changed it. Impossible to get a hold of any support. So paying for a plan I can't even use. Not happy! 

4 REPLIES 4

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Honestly and do not take offence. You really need to STOP transferring posts to the proper category as soon as it's posted. You know people are writing back to the post right away and then we get a RED SCREEN the post doesn't go through and we have to write it all over again.

I've asked you nicely for over a month to please stop this but you continue to do so.

First off you're a retired Oracle leave those privileges to the Oracle's that get paid a fixed $20. Let them do their job when they get to it. 

I really don't want to resort in making a complaint to Melinda about this silly nonsense but if I have to I'll have no choice but send her a message. 

It's nice of you to do transfers to help your buddies out (I get that) but since you been here for years. You should know when a new message is posted there are probably 3-5 people in the process of submitting a reply.

As a retired Oracle that still has these special privileges please kindly use them wisely. I understand a month ago you wrote "well I don't go back later to move stuff so if I see it I'll move it right away"..if that's the case just leave it for the actual Oracle's so they at least do some part of their Job. All this stuff ( as a retired Oracle) shouldn't be put on you while some Oracles (when they come online should be doing it). Or better yet just go back to being an Oracle then I won't be able to complain about this red screen moving nonsense.

Thank you and happy New Year!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sound SIM jacked to me.  

it has been common lately. changed your password quick.. if you use the same password on any other website, especially your email, change them as well!! Those who stole your password did not just aim for your PM but they more interested with your email account

if you need a SIM card quick and unable to go to a physical store, check Amazon :

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=...

it's free shipping if you have PRIME and shipping within 2 days.. buying from PM site won't guarantee the shipping 

@Lornawill 

@

You have been a victim of simjacking.

Immediately start changing all passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Log into account click Plans & add-ons the. lost / stolen. Mark account as stolen to block the sim card currently being used by a fraudster.

You have two options at this time.

1 - Contact moderators as they have away to get your current sim working again on your account.

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Since you already contacted them maybe still send another message to them just incase.

2 if you have a new sim lying around (some people have extras for referrals maybe you do)..?.log into your account and click change sim card. Enter new sim and you'll be back up and running.

Or if something is open in your area tonight or tomorrow like a Walmart or London drugs go buy a sim  DO NOT ACTIVATE IT You have to click change sim card.

Sorry this has happened to you.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Lornawill wrote:

So I have not had service for two days. Tried everything. Today I check my account online and it shows the last 4 digits of my sim card....they are not the same as the Sim Card I have always used since day one. I have never changed it. Impossible to get a hold of any support. So paying for a plan I can't even use. Not happy! 

You have been sim jacked. Put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password in self service. Then check and secure all your financials and change the passwords.

Contact a moderator to restore your services.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.