cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simcard Shortage?

sley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I read that a tweet was made about how PM ran out of sim cards and deleted shortly after. Any truth to this PM? I see quite a few people getting their sim card orders fulfilled but a whole bunch who ordered in the evening yesterday still haven't heard about shipping yet.

20 REPLIES 20

To those in this thread... PM has posted where to get SIM cards this weekend:

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

You can pick up SIM cards (max 2 per person) on Friday & Saturday (Nov 18-19) from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm local time at the locations in Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver. Payment is credit or Visa debit only. $5 per SIM (same as through website).

@theoc198 I was right about the GTA location being downtown at 25 York Rd. Hope you can make the trip down there to get a SIM.

@takeone any chance you live in an apartment or condo, and your unit number wasn't included? Apparently a lot of SIMs came back because of people not putting in their complete address. 9 days to get something that should of taken 2-3 max leads me to think that. PM staff mentioned it.

Like @theoc198 said, your only solution now is to pick up a SIM this weekend in Toronto. They haven't announced location yet, but I'm guessing it'll be the Telus building at 25 York Road, just south of Union Station. There's suppose to be an announcement this morning about locations.

Regarding your missing SIM card shipment, you'll have to follow up with that using the email form or messaging a moderator to get your money refunded (or at least to figure out where the shipment went). With the moderators being swamped, you won't get a reply soon enough, and promo will be over, so I suggest you take a trip downtown.

theoc198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@takeone It's probably too late for them to send you another sim card. You'll probably have to pick up another one on Friday or Saturday in person. According to this post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

You'll be able to pick up a sim card in Toronto. 

takeone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Placed order the simcard at Nov. 7, 2016.

Today is Nov 16. still not received the simcard order.

order #90609

Address is GTA

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

WHEW. Still got a couple more friends and family members to transfer over!

For me, it took 2 full business days before the sim card was shipped, and another business day Canada Post transit time delivered to my home in Toronto.

Public Mobile has been using Canada Post Priority Courier, or at least they did for my sim card.  On a side note Canada Post Priority is supposed to be guaranteed morning delivery but delivery didn't happen until afternoon. So, in the end Public paid Canada Post for Priority but really only got Xpresspost service.

Let's all rememember that "1 to 2 business days" shipping transit times for Xpresspost and Priority that Canada Post advertises are only for delivery to what they call major urban centres.  Outside major cities, either express-type services have a delivery service standards that actually take longer.

Thanks to @oceanwind and @CaNuCk07 for sharing their shipping experiences! Robot Happy

So, it seems for shipping, it's 1 day for processing, then 1 day shipping in Ontario... 2 days everywhere else. Good to know!

oceanwind

To summarize,

1. I've ordered two sim cards on  Oct 25 and got the order confirmation mail around 12:30 pm.

2. Recieved shipping notice mail around 1:45 pm on Oct 27.

3. Finally, got the 2 sim cards today.

It took 3 days to get them for me.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire
From southern Ontario, I received mine next day!

Received the email advising of shipment after it was received! 🙂

oceanwind

I too have received shipment email this afternoon.

It's a relief to know that they are on the way.

mjs

Hi there,

I am in Vancouver too and it took a little bit more time to get mine, but I got it...I am sure that you'll get it soon.

b777

Just recieved an email saying the sim cards were shipped. Hopefully they'll arive tomorrow. On another note in the email it says "track your shipment to see the delivery status" but there is no tracking number... not a big deal just wondering why it says that if there's nothing to track them with, maybe that line should be taken out? 

@b777 @oceanwind Hopefully you both receive your SIM cards by tomorrow the latest. I'd have to wonder if a shipping backlog would of developed for PM with so many people ordering cards?

oceanwind

I live in metro Vancouver and I've received order confirmation email on Oct 25 around 12:30 pm PT.

Since then, I haven't received shipping notice email and no sim cards in the mail box as of now.

b777

Yes I imagined the order was only processed the next day (Weds), I guess I went on the assumption it would be delivered today since canada post website states next day delivery for local or regional with Xpresspost... regardless hopefully it comes in the mail tomorrow 

@b777 If you ordered on Tuesday at 10:30 pm, your order wouldn't of been processed until Wednesday, so that means you'll more than likely receive it today, if not tomorrow. Usually with all companies, there's a cut off order time which I'm sure you missed ordering at 10:30 at night.

b777

I live in Etobicoke and ordered 2 sim cards on Oct 25th around 1030pm. I still haven't received any sim cards in the mail and i'm relatively close to where they ship from... I have read on other forums of people from Ottawa already receiving them, so not sure what gives

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sley @daredogg @NDesai

We have heard a few customers ask us the same question.

Just to clarify, no we have not run out of SIM cards; how can we when we just launched these awesome new plans?  🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

"I read that a tweet was made about how PM ran out of sim cards and deleted shortly after."

What do you mean by deleted shortly after?

Nevermind, I understand now... the tweet was deleted.

If they're getting a lot of orders, it could just mean a backlog is developing. It doesn't mean they ran out of cards. Plus, you don't get a tracking number. Your SIM card just shows up a day or two later depending on where you live. I believe they're shipped from Mississauga.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Could be possible and we all know the reason. 

Trust Public Mobile, who knows, they might even extend this promo if they run into a problem like that.

Need Help? Let's chat.