cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Kerbear7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New Sim card accidentally added to suspended account. I bought pm phone . Will old pm sim card work if I put it into my phone if I reactivate it. It said I can make a payment. Can I remove my new sim card and enter it under new account with pm. Help please 🙏

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I guess you have an suspended account you want to unsuspend?  

If that is the case, go to that acccount and check the last 4 digit of the SIM card, match with your physical SIM card.   you can pay the account, click re-activate the account.  Then use the SIM card you just matched up on a phone.  That is the SIM going to be working once your account is re-activated.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kerbear7 

If you have entered the new sim card # in your suspended account ( change sim card) then your old sim card is no longer valid. You cannot reuse either card if they have been registered in the system ( either by activation or the change sim card feature.)  You will need a new sim card to activate a new line.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kerbear7 wrote:

New Sim card accidentally added to suspended account. I bought pm phone . Will old pm sim card work if I put it into my phone if I reactivate it. It said I can make a payment. Can I remove my new sim card and enter it under new account with pm. Help please 🙏

@Kerbear7 , it doesn't sound like you need a new account with Public Mobile. Unless you are want a 2nd number.

If you replaced the SIM card #1 in your self serve account with another one, #1 cannot be reused....but you ask an interesting question? At the time you changed it your account was/is in suspended status. Is this right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kerbear7 : Sounds like you have yourself a spare SIM. Yes, you can use the old SIM in this "new" phone. If the account on that SIM is simply suspended then you can reactivate it and carry on.

Edit: erk. glass of wine in me. nvm

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Kerbear7 wrote:

Can you explain further? Did you go into self service in your suspended account and choose Change Sim Number and changed it to your new SIM card? If you did your old SIM card will no longer work.

Need Help? Let's chat.