cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card unregistered/hijacked

omnideuce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

phone and sim card were both bought brand new from wal mart about a year and a half ago. 

phone worked in the morning yesterday, took it out of my pocket around 1300 to see "unregistered sim card" in the top left corner of the lock screen. can't call, text, no data. took sim out and wiped it with some iso, battery out for 10 minutes, no change. this morning i discovered my email password had been changed shortly after my sim card "became unregistered" using my phone number as 2 factor authentication. 

how do i fix this? someone has hijacked my phone number somehow?

8 REPLIES 8

@omnideuce wrote:

i picked up another sim before i made this post. would simply changing sim cards fix this? i would very much like to keep my current phone number. i've messaged the mod team with the info in the original post and i'll give them account info and pin once they ask for it.

Hello @omnideuce ,

So sorry to hear this happened.

Change your SELF SERVE password, and any security questions on it. Confirm with the moderators if all okay to change the SIM number on the account

Found here, under "Change SIM Card":

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

omnideuce

thanks for the extremely speedy help everyone. 

@omnideuce 

Yes since you've already purchased the sim card you I'll then gain use of your phone service again. You will still want the moderators to look into how access to your account was made to originally change your sim card.

Edit:

I would suggest you make a pm specific email address and create a new community account with it and then contact the moderators to change your accounts email to the new one once you sort out the current problem.

omnideuce

i picked up another sim before i made this post. would simply changing sim cards fix this? i would very much like to keep my current phone number. i've messaged the mod team with the info in the original post and i'll give them account info and pin once they ask for it.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@omnideuce 

Let’s have a member of the moderator team fix this for you right way. You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info.

you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number

@omnideuce 

Log into your account. Report phone lost. Change the password. You can check the last 4 digits of your sim card in your account to confirm its been fraudulently changed.

omnideuce

financials checked and passwords changed. thanks for the mod link.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@omnideuce 

Check all your financials right away and then contact moderators.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the question mark ? in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.