cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card question

soxsoxs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sim card that works fine in one phone. Recently received another phone that is locked. I cannot unlock with code provided by the company that gave me the phone. Is it possible I need a sim card code from public mobile? The code that comes up is "sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK" is there a code that pm can provide that will unlock phone/card? 

17 REPLIES 17

@soxsoxs 

@soxsoxs wrote:

I have been given all the codes and still get the same error message. "sim network pin blocked. enter sim network puk. " I have master code and provider code from samsung. I have entered them together and error message is the same. pm provided 2 other codes labelled as:

pin unblocking key 1: ######## and pin unblocking key 2: ########. tried them together and still same error message. Is the phone the issue or the sim card. I am currently using the sim card in another phone with no issues.  

It is a phone/hardware set up issue especially if the SIM card works in another phone.  Maybe need to contact Samsung again to get another Master code.  Tell them the first one didn't work.  Try again and hopefully, it will work.  

soxsoxs

I have been given all the codes and still get the same error message. "sim network pin blocked. enter sim network puk. " I have master code and provider code from samsung. I have entered them together and error message is the same. pm provided 2 other codes labelled as:

pin unblocking key 1: ######## and pin unblocking key 2: ########. tried them together and still same error message. Is the phone the issue or the sim card. I am currently using the sim card in another phone with no issues.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite great description!  bookmarked for future refrence.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@soxsoxs FYI: 

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

If the sim works in another phone, it is the phone.

soxsoxs

Is problem with phone or sim card? 

PM does not lock phones. If it's a telus/koodo phone it should work. If it's a Rogers/bell etc. and it's locked, they need to unlock it. However, if it's a Samsung phone, they provide phone unlock codes as well.

@soxsoxs hi pm does not lock phones, it must be locked to your previous providerSmiley Happy

@soxsoxsPM doesn't sell phones... so they can't lock phones.

soxsoxs

My question is do I need a code to unlock sim card from pm? The insurance company that provided the phone are saying pm has locked the phone. I am currently using pm sim card in another phone without issue. Could the sim card from pm be causing problems or is the phone locked by some other provider and the phone is the problem? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Samsung is giving unlock codes for free for the S7's: 

1. Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170
  2. Inform the rep that you would like to unlock you S7 or S7 edge and provide the IMEI & Carrier info
  3. In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email.  

@soxsoxs wrote:

Where do I contact samsung? It is galaxy s7

https://z1.liveper.sn/api/account/68661194/route/campaign/151727214/engagement/214050414

@soxsoxs wrote:

Let Google be your friend. Type in Samsung Galaxy customer support...you should see  free phone number.

soxsoxs

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@soxsoxs wrote:

I have sim card that works fine in one phone. Recently received another phone that is locked. I cannot unlock with code provided by the company that gave me the phone. Is it possible I need a sim card code from public mobile? The code that comes up is "sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK" is there a code that pm can provide that will unlock phone/card? 

If it is asking for  PUK you will need to submit a trouble ticket through SIMon by clicking on the question mark in the lower right corner.  You will still need an unlock code from the previous provider that this phone was locked to unless it was Telus or Koodo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@soxsoxs hi if it is a samsung you can contact them directly for a code otherwise sounds like you need to contact your pevious provider again for another code 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@soxsoxs wrote:

You should be able to ask for aand recieve an unlock code from previous cell provider. Alternative is to get an inexpensive unlock code from ebay or such site. Maybe cell repair shops in bigger cities can do it for you too.

Need Help? Let's chat.