cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card isn't working..

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been trying for the past week to get this sim card to work and it won't.. I just paid for the service 9 days ago, so Have already wasted 7 of those days!!!

Please help.. I have already tried to get a new sim but got nothing!!  It's like I am paying for nothing!

It keeps saying No Sim Card- Emergency Calls Only... But I have the sim in!!

10 REPLIES 10

Huntress

Yes I am sure they are both unlocked and yes I am sure they work, because I have been using them all this time.. Well one at a time that is..

Huntress

I just did that all over again, But this time I had to pay 5.75 For one.. You never had us pay before!!

@Huntress 

pm me with your shipping address and I can get a new card sent out to you.

Dave_J

RogersSux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Apolgize for the silly question,

• You're 100% sure these phones are unlocked and ready for PM SIM cards?
  • I'm assuming you're using the right size (regular, micro, nano) SIMs in your SIM tray?

Huntress

I Did try that.. It didn't work.. I also tried it is the S4 and it didn't work.. So I am believing it is the card! But then again I have tried to get a new card and got nothing

Huntress

Yes both my phones are.. I have a Samsung S3 and S4 and both have worked fine before.. Mind you I only use one of them.. But if I choose to change I can because they both work with Public..

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A misaligned SIM card. The shock of impact, such as when you drop your phone, can cause your SIM card to move in its slot and prevent your device from reading the embedded chip. To test whether your SIM card is misaligned, turn off your device and remove the SIM card. Reinsert the SIM card and turn your smartphone back on. If the SIM card was misaligned, your device should now be able to read the SIM card and connect to a mobile network.
A damaged SIM card or a malfunctioning smartphone. Checking whether your SIM card or your smartphone is to blame for your connectivity issues requires access to another smartphone, one you know is working properly. Turn your smartphone off and remove the SIM card. Insert the card into the alternate smartphone. If the second phone is also unable to read the card, your SIM card is to blame for your issues -- either because it is dirty or damaged

Huntress

That was what I was thinking, but I can't seem to get a replacement Sim

Mchan

I had the exact same issue. No access since activation so about 7 days. I had to replace the sim card. and it worked. 

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Huntress!

Welcome to PM!

Please be advised the mods are currently inundated with support requests due to the current promotion and some porting issues. While I know it's frustrating to have issues, they will in fact respond to you as soon as they can. Just be a little patient and hopefully they can resolve the issue for you.

One thing you can try right now is turn the phone off, pull the SIM card, reinsert it and turn the phone on. Sometimes it just needs to re-register to grab service.

I've tagged @Shazia_K for you and you can take a look at this link to PM the mods with the correct information: How to contact a Mod

Edit: What phone are you using? Are you sure your phone is compatible?

Need Help? Let's chat.