Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card change after ticket

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi. I have my new sim card.

I submitted a ticket.

It verified my id.

But at what point do i put my new sim card in my phone.  Im worried if they activate new sim card and its not in my phone it wont activate.  

But i still have a working (barely) sim card in my phone.  

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikita , you are an existing customer and only doing a SIM swap  and NOT porting a number from another provider?     If so, once Mod verified your identity, you can swap it anytime.  They don't need your new SIM in a phone to do their work

What you can do is, with your old SIM still in the phone, reboot every 15 mins.  At some point, your SIM should be showing SIM not provisioned or some message like that.  Then you will put your new SIM into the phone and try it out.

@Oracle365 wrote:

You should get a text from your old provider, letting you know that someone (you) is trying to change over your service. You may need to repond to that text (agree to making the switch). After that, you should be able to switch over the SIM card. 

@Nikita 

Are you transfering a phone number from another carrier, or are you simply performing a Public Mobile SIM card swap?

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should get a text from your old provider, letting you know that someone (you) is trying to change over your service. You may need to repond to that text (agree to making the switch). After that, you should be able to switch over the SIM card. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

insert after the moderator makes the change for you.

just you need  insert  new sim card in your  phone is will working 100% 

@Nikita wrote:

Hi. I have my new sim card.

I submitted a ticket.

It verified my id.

But at what point do i put my new sim card in my phone.  Im worried if they activate new sim card and its not in my phone it wont activate.  

But i still have a working (barely) sim card in my phone. 

The old service will continue to work on the old SIM card until the switch is complete. Other than that,  it doesn't actually make a difference when you insert the new SIM card. However, please understand that the service will only start working while using that SIM card after the moderator makes the change for you.  If you insert the new SIM card before the change has been made, you may have to quickly restart your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.