cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Activation Failure

cyanide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have purchased a new sim card but is not activated  while activating it gave an error and I can't reactivate it kindly let me know how to activate the Sim card @CS_Agent @Shazia_K

Regards

21 REPLIES 21

cyanide

@Shazia_K

Thank you for your help my service is now activated I hope to explore more options with my new public mobile service..

Regards

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Michael77

Thank you! 😄 😄 

The tech team has confirmed that all should be working now so I hope that after a last phone reboot things will work out 😉 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cyanide,

I hope everything gets resolved soon. You are in good hands with @Shazia_K.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@cyanide

Can you please restart your phone one more time? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@cyanide

Till 9 pm EST today. 

cyanide

@Shazia_K

Till what time is the support team avaliable for such matters.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@cyanide

I'm sorry that it's taking longer than usual, the ticket has been assigned to another team. 

Please allow a little more time and I will update you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

cyanide

@Shazia_K

I am still waiting thre is no progress still my phone shows no service kindly help me I am new here and with no mobile connection.

Reagrds

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the great work @Shazia_K.

@cyanide you are in good hands. Please don't get discouraged by the troubled start. A good attitude, good communication and a little patience, which you have shown will get you a long way.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@cyanide

Ohh, I am sincerely sorry for all this trouble 😕

Let's wait for the SIM card to work first and then if you are still unable to make a payment using those vouchers, then I will gladly help you load them into your account 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

cyanide

Hi @Shazia_K

Thank you for your help I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to get is solved quickly to keep you updated I have also purchased the paymnet vouchers and entered it at the sim acivation time but on the final stage it got an error and since then I am not able to use it.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@cyanide

The issue is on our end, I need to send a ticket to our tech team for this one as it's out of my control to fix it at this point. It shouldn't take too long for them to fix it, please periodically try rebooting your phone in 1 hour from now and I am confident that all should be working. 

Please keep us updated.

@mimmo, hehe thanks 😄 

Shazia

cyanide

Hi @mimmo

I tried it first on iPhone 6S it didn't work then on Galaxy S7 also no network only emergency calls..

mimmo

@cyanide  what phone are you using?  are you able o try the sim in a different phone?

cyanide

Hi @Shazia_K,

Thank you for your reply.

Still after rebooting the phone I can't register on the network it says no service. Hence I cannot recieve text message to continue with the payment.

Regards

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @cyanide

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 Sorry to hear about your activation issue. 

After taking a look at your account, I see that the account was partially created as no payments were received. Don't worry! I was able to finalize everything for you and add a temporary text plan to your account in order for you to create a self-serve account and make a payment to change your plan. 

Can you please test your SIM card, you should be receiving service now, make sure to power cycle your phone if the SIM card is already inserted into your phone. 

Also, to manually create a self-serve account please follow this link.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thank you,

Shazia

cyanide

The sim number is already in the system I recieved a welcome e mail message from public mobile also, but when inserted in the phone it says no service also I cannot access my selserve account.

closng

Hi @cyanide,

They should be able to assist you shortly if you have already sent them a message.

What is the error you are getting when trying to activate the SIM? Have you tried using a different browser or incognito mode to activate the SIM?

mimmo

A liitle patience is needed I am sure tey will get back to your issue soon.  did you send them all the needid infomation? sim card number your email address tel number etc?

cyanide

I have already sent them a message it has been almost an hour no reply from them how to proceed further ? kindly assist.

Regards,

closng

Hi @cyanide,

Please send a message to the Moderators detailing your issue, with your account information using the below link and they will be able to help you with activating your SIM:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.