cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silenced calls - long distance calls directly goes to voicemail

reddysar7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I receive long distance calls I receive as silenced calls . Many times I have received calls from USA but all calls as silenced calls moreover all calls goes to directly voicemail.
If any one help me on this issue that would be great.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

reddysar7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your response but same issue continues 

Okay, I get endless dead air calls, some LD numbers and some local. Most of them I havent actually answered but are dead air voice mail messages. This has been going on for awhile,several months if not longer. 

My assumption has been since I never recognize any of the numbers is that it is just spam calls, possibly now not leaving a message to try to get you to call them hoping that you will call the number back since you didn’t get a message. Then when you call them they will figure out how to seperate you from your bank account balance.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@reddysar7 wrote:

When I receive long distance calls I receive as silenced calls . Many times I have received calls from USA but all calls as silenced calls moreover all calls goes to directly voicemail.
If any one help me on this issue that would be great.

Thank you

@reddysar7 

Well, that is odd. Do you know the people who are trying to call you? Are they on your Blocked List perhaps?

If you do not know them, maybe they are spam/spoofing calls. In this case, best to not answer them if you don't recognize the numbers.

If you do know who know these people and they are silenced or going to your voicemail, can you have them try to call someone else to see if this results in the same way?

If so, then have the Moderators check your account.

Methods to contact Moderators are found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@reddysar7 which area are you in (Province/City) ?   

Are you NOT getting good calls from US at all or just some calls are silent or go to VM?

Yes, try changing to 3G only as advised above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.