cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up today-"oops something went wrong" after I had filled in my CC credentials

jessicamallette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings..

Signed up today in an effort to activate my new PM sim and get a new number. Went through the application process until the final "next" icon was supposed to verify and complete the registration. Instead, a message popped up "oops something went wrong.. log out and log in again". Now I have no service at all, and my credentials are not recognized when I sign into my PM account with my user/pass. I've posted to moderators, and has helpful as they've been (including assigning me a brand new number), I still have no service. Phone is unlocked, and I've tried the sim in a PM activated phone with no success. Please help! Thank you. 

13 REPLIES 13

jessicamallette

Thank you. Will do!

@jessicamallette wrote:

As of Wed.Jan 27@ 10:30am I still have no service at all, after signing up/activation yesterday. I have reached out to a moderator. My CC has been charged a month of service. Hoping for resolution, fingers crossed. 

@jessicamallette You've done what you can. Make sure that you ask the moderator who helps you to adjust your account for time lost.

jessicamallette

As of Wed.Jan 27@ 10:30am I still have no service at all, after signing up/activation yesterday. I have reached out to a moderator. My CC has been charged a month of service. Hoping for resolution, fingers crossed. 

jessicamallette

Just tried signing into my account and opted to change password. This is what came up. 

"Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

Looks like registration didn't complete. 

jessicamallette

Thanks for your explanation. There's definitely an issue with activation on my account. My CC was charged and it's been 6 hours since I was assigned a brand new number by a moderator. Still no service. Phone works perfectly with another PM sim. Tried reboots, and all valuable suggestions from this great panel of users. What this is signifying to me is that it is indeed an issue on PM's side. Hoping to find resolution tomorrow. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

@jessicamallette wrote:

Indeed, my CC was charged for a month of service. 

then probably it is activated .. or activating on the back end.  Put the SIM in the phone, power up and see if you can dial out.  

Again, it might take as much as 4 hours or so to get activated (usually it is faster, but last night there was activation issue, and also, I think they official time is 15 min to 4 hours anyway).  If there is no service, just try reboot every 15 mins or half and hour 

@hTideGnow  

Please note that there is no officail 15 minute to 4 hour activation timeframe.  Activations are supposed to happen immediately, litterally within a couple of seconds of submitting payment, with only a simple restart of the device if the SIM card was already in the phone before the activation steps were taken.

I do not doubt that things were taking much longer last night because of some issues with the activation server.  However, there is no 4 hour guidelilne for activation.

I believe that you might be confusing activation with number porting.  Offfically, Public Mobile says up to 2 hours for number porting to be complete if done during activation, while the CWTA says 2.5 hours. Some customers having adding small amounts of time and rounded up to either 3 or 4 hours to be on the safe side when it comes to giving advice.   Even when a number port is requested during activation, the activation itself is supposed to occur immedaitely.

@jessicamallette wrote:

then probably it is activated .. or activating on the back end.  Put the SIM in the phone, power up and see if you can dial out.  

Again, it might take as much as 4 hours or so to get activated (usually it is faster, but last night there was activation issue, and also, I think they official time is 15 min to 4 hours anyway).  If there is no service, just try reboot every 15 mins or half and hour 

jessicamallette

jessicamallette

Thanks.. will check the CC. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

did PM taken out the money from the credit card yet?

If they did take the money.. then they likely have completed the activation process and just the webserver not returning properly.. it happened to me, too

so, if money is taken out.. try to put in the SIM in the phone , and reboot every 15 mins to confirm.  Last night there was activation delay and people didn't get fully activated with proper service until 4hours later.

However, If no money is taken out.. then wait for an hour and try to reactivate again. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jessicamallette ,

Time may be the key here. Although, when you activate a new SIM with a new number you should be getting services right away, there could just be a delay.

Trouble shooting by trying one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Hopefully, you get connected soon.

Welcome! 

😊

jessicamallette

Thanks very much. I've tried all options with the sim to no avail. I will check first thing tomorrow whether or not my CC was charged. I'll get back on the bandwagon tomorrow and hope for success. Thanks again. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jessicamallette 

I hate to refer you back, but the Moderators really should be able to fix this for you.

Did your payment card get charged for the 1st month of service?   If so, you should have service and perhaps it's a provisioning issue.  

Did you try powering off phone, removing SIM card, restarting phone and reinserting SIM?

You could also try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance:

Online Activation Assistance

If outside their hours of operation, contact a moderator.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

Need Help? Let's chat.