cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signalthe

D0pey911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah when I first signed up first two months were great good signal 90% of the time. Now some times for hours walk around property can't get any signal.

When I do get signal it comes and it goes it's very frustrating you know you're looking up something and it can't download it you got to wait and wait and wait same phone

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@D0pey911 

1.  Set you phone to auto switch between 3G and LTE signals.

2.  It may be your phone hardware issue.  Test your PM SIM card on another phone.

@D0pey911 shutting down towers could be the reason. volte!!!

• restart your phone once a week or when you updated a lot of apps recently
  • make sure your device is up to date with all apps etc. updated to the latest version.
  • reset your network settings.

when LTE freezes on me I toggle mobile data on and off. you can also try using wcdma(HSPA/3g) to see if your connection is better

what I've noticed lately is I'm not on the LTE+ network at times even when data is transferring

@D0pey911 wrote:

This is the same phone I had great service first 2 months. Signal has gotten worse it seems every month, it like they shut down a tower or something. Tried one of my other phones same ****** signal. Thinking about switching to a different service provider, I would rather not because signal was really good to begin with and I want that back

Have a look at the Canadian Cellular Towers map at this site. It may help you in making an informed decision if you decide to leave on which carriers has the closest towers in your area.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Edited by Moderator to remove content that violates Terms of Service.

D0pey911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the same phone I had great service first 2 months. Signal has gotten worse it seems every month, it like they shut down a tower or something. Tried one of my other phones same ****** signal. Thinking about switching to a different service provider, I would rather not because signal was really good to begin with and I want that back

Edited by Moderator to remove content that violates Terms of Service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your coverage area.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

Try rebooting your phone.

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.