cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

Zyphrius
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Newfoundland Canada. I just drive out to central. I am in a town called Norwood. I realized when I got here that I have very little signal. Is there anyway to improve my signal while I am here?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymouswhen you say "you see the red box while typing" Is this something on a laptop or PC? I only use my cell phone to post. So I don't see anything until I hit the post button then I get the red screen.

Ah! Fair enough. Yes I would be talking about a desktop browser. Ignore my ramblings.

@computergeek541no worries. I understand the predicament. Although an hour later I doubt would be multiple people responding to a thread as when one is first posted. Anyways does not matter but thank you for writing back.

@Anonymouswhen you say "you see the red box while typing" Is this something on a laptop or PC? I only use my cell phone to post. So I don't see anything until I hit the post button then I get the red screen.

@Zyphrius wrote:

Thanks. I have not moved it so I am not sure what you mean.

Thanks for the post about towers but the location is wrong. I am in botwood Newfoundland. I think the auto correct changed what I typed. Sorry.

Sorry, the confusion is my fault as I was replying to someone who was asking about me moving your message thread to a different category.

In the end, the acutal network strength and quality is beyond your control. Telus/Bell could put more towers up or make tweaks to the existing network in your area, but that's something that they'd have to decide to do. If enough customers complain about a certain area, they may make some network changes. However, when it comes to you using the service, the only choices are to try another phone to see if it has a little better of signal, install a signal repeater/booster so that signal goes further indoors into a building, or unfortunatley, to consider swtiching carriers.

Zyphrius

Thanks for that makes sense. It was the first time I had an issue since getting public mobile. Not surprised it is an issue with cell towers. Our province is not the best for those.

Thanks again

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  Thanks and I understand.

I do know of the concern that you're speaking of, and it's cerrtainly not deliberate to make anyone need to retype their messages. The site doesn't tell me of anyone else typing a reply at the moment.  If there were an a feature to tell the move to happen in 10 minutes, I'd use it, but no such option exists. Also, even if I did happen to come back to the same thread in an hour and then move it to another category, the same thing could still happen to another member typing something out.

@Zyphrius  it must have been autocorrect than. Ignore my move post it was directed to another person on your thread.

So for Botwood as you can see below. Not many towers at all.

Screenshot_20200901_212244.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  would it be possible at your end not to move threads immediately? As you know when someone makes a new thread that there usually is 4 or 5 people already in the process of typing a response.

It is a bit annoying to get the "red screen" that thread is not available. Then have to go back and retype everything out again. It's happened on multiple occasions in the past few weeks.

Thank you for the consideration.

You see the red box live while typing. Sigh first. Then finish your typing, select/copy the text, exit and go find the new location and reply again over there and paste your text. All in the name of keeping some order and proper placement of threads. Small price.

JMNSHO

@computergeek541  Thanks and I understand.

Zyphrius

Thanks. I have not moved it so I am not sure what you mean.

Thanks for the post about towers but the location is wrong. I am in botwood Newfoundland. I think the auto correct changed what I typed. Sorry.

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  would it be possible at your end not to move threads immediately? As you know when someone makes a new thread that there usually is 4 or 5 people already in the process of typing a response.

It is a bit annoying to get the "red screen" that thread is not available. Then have to go back and retype everything out again. It's happened on multiple occasions in the past few weeks.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were replying. Unfortunately, if the thread is going to get moved to the correct/a more correct category, it needs to be done immediately.  There isn't any way for me to mark the messages to be moved later. The Community site doesn't give me any easy way that I know of to keep track of these types of things.

Looking at the cell tower map on this link below.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

There are not many towers there. No Telus but the blue is Bell that Telus also uses.

Screenshot_20200901_210826.jpg

@Zyphrius wrote:

I live in Newfoundland Canada. I just drive out to central. I am in a town called Norwood. I realized when I got here that I have very little signal. Is there anyway to improve my signal while I am here?

The only way to improve signal yourself would be try a different device. Some are better than others. The rest is out of your hands.

Need Help? Let's chat.