cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign Into Public Mobile - DENIED

Pyrocynical1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all. I'm new to the Community as I've never had a problem with PM...now I do unfortunately. My data was used up so I put another $25 on using a voucher. Although it says I have $25 worth of data, I am unable to use it.

I have a Galaxy 9. At the top it shows ? and network sign. When I scroll down it asks me to sign into Public Mobile. When I do so I get "You are unable to access the Web" due to several reasons, all of which do not apply to my situation. I really could use some help with this. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@Denniswalters11 

Hi,

Do you need help?

Denniswalters11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pyrocynical1 

Are you having trouble signing into your self serve account? Did you add the voucher via 611 on your phone? With the $25 what is your intention for your data needs? You can....

1. Purchase the 1gb data add on for $15 or $5/200mb
  2. If you have the $25 plan you could renew early by contacting the moderators.
  3. Change to a different plan but if its a grandfathered plan you won't be able to get it back.

When signing into your account especially to change something you should always....

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

Or you can purchase data via 611. Here is the menu....

Screenshot_20210722-052214~2.png

@Pyrocynical1 

That is an unusual message for using up your data.  Does your talk and text work fine? Is your account status active or suspended?   When is your next payment date? Which plan are you on?  Are you able to access your PM self service account?

Are you trying to renew your plan earlier?  Or are you buying a data add on?  Data add on is $15 for 1 GB data add on.  

You likely loaded the voucher to your available funds/balance.  You will need to decide what you want to do with the funds.  If you want to renew your plan earlier (ie. $25 plan), then you will need to contact moderator for help.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pyrocynical1 wrote:

Hi all. I'm new to the Community as I've never had a problem with PM...now I do unfortunately. My data was used up so I put another $25 on using a voucher. Although it says I have $25 worth of data, I am unable to use it.

I have a Galaxy 9. At the top it shows ? and network sign. When I scroll down it asks me to sign into Public Mobile. When I do so I get "You are unable to access the Web" due to several reasons, all of which do not apply to my situation. I really could use some help with this. Thank you

Hello @Pyrocynical1 

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

If rebooting doesn't reset anything for you, also try:

• going into airplane mode for a minute than back to regular mode.
  • do a RESET of your Network Settings on your device.

If you try your SIM in another phone does the same thing happen?

Need Help? Let's chat.