cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should activation process be this difficult???

dt72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I am a new customer and I am having an issue that seems to be fairly common in the PM community. I purchased three SIM cards and successfully activated 2 of them. When I tried to activate the third I got the "can't verify credit card error" tried many more times with the same error. Decided to try once more with a different credit card and got "you're activation was not successful, please see community" at the top of the page in red letters but on the bottom of the same page I got "you're activation was successful" ??? Anyway, I received a text on my phone with a pin number that was different than the one I created. I also got an email welcoming me to PM. Powered down my Nexus 5 inserted PM SIM and powered up "emergency calls only"?? Koodo SIM was still working. Several hours pass and I receive an email from koodo telling me that my service had been cancelled. Tried PM SIM again and still no service? 2 days later and still no service. Tried to log into self serve and it's saying that the email address that I used in the activation process cannot be verified (even though I got my activation details email on the same email address). Please, I desperately need to fix all of this as I currently have no service.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

dt72

Just wanted to let people know that @Shazia_K just sent me a PM. Everything is sorted out and working!! Maybe someone can mark this as solved?

Thanks

DjRags604
I've been there, waiting for answers while others seem to be progressing fine. Stick with it as it will get sorted out. The feedback I've gotten in regards to PM CSRs has been great. Hope this is the start of things getting fully figured out for you.

dt72

Making progress! My phone just recognized my SIM as Public Mobile 10 minutes ago! tried a incoming and outgoing text and received the same text from PM "you have received a text message but you need a plan that includes texting" I signed up for the promo(of course). I guess I'll wait and see??

dt72

Tried the email route 2 days ago...no response. Just tried PM to the Mods...we'll see.

scottl

no, it shouldn't

I'm not sure if I was lucky or not that my problems came on the first SIM card tried.

I assume activation wasn't a total failure as the SIM number is now invalid - but so is the phone number, so maybe not.

Anybody know if it's better to await response to e-mail, or try PMing moderators here?

Philosoraptor

No, it shouldn't be this difficult. You seem to be lucky - successfull activation of 2 SIM cards.

If that was only the case here. I'm having issues with my 2 cards (1 partially resolved, 1 a current pain).

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @dt72,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing that issue. Welcome to PM, as well as to the community. You'll get the help you want, just send a private message to @Shazia_K@Saray_O@Mary_M or @Caroline_D. One will be able to assist you.

Yours,

Need Help? Let's chat.